Aircraft Upgrade for JFK-FRA-SIN?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aircraft Upgrade for JFK-FRA-SIN?

I saw on wikipedia they are going to totally get rid of the 747-400's by March 2010. I flying this route in June. Any idea of what this will get replaced by?

Tough to predict now. Some say 77W, but there was some mention on this forum at various threads that they may use the WhaleJet, but may end up dropping the FRA-JFK sector portion, and just codeshare with LH for that part. So far no confirmation, so it's anybody's guess.

Comment

I don't see them doing the codeshare and if they end up doing it don't you think it won't be till late 2010? Also whats the whalejet?

Comment

The WhaleJet is the A380. About the codesharing, nothing is set in stone. I don't think even SQ management knows the future of that route. Even tho the JumboJets are to be gone by March 2010, if you try and book an existing 747 route (SQ11/12 & SQ25/26) in June or even July, it'll still show 747 for it, since no replacement has been confirmed.

Comment

All 744s will leave by March 2010. An earlier date of Oct 2009 was announced in SilverKris recently for their retirement, but 3 months seems rather short to retire 10 744s. The replacements will be either 77W or A380, but FRA-JFK is less likely to see A380.

Comment

Originally posted by wsssaero View Post
            All 744s will leave by March 2010. An earlier date of Oct 2009 was announced in SilverKris recently for their retirement, but 3 months seems rather short to retire 10 744s. The replacements will be either 77W or A380, but FRA-JFK is less likely to see A380.
            I think the reports of the date being Oct 2009 announced in SilverKris, was an urban myth. No one could find and confirm, the supposed announcement.

SQ238.

Comment

My guess is that SQ25/26 gets upgauged to the WhaleJet in January with the delivery of 9V-SKK and FRA-JFK gets dropped.

Comment

so you think (SQ 25) JFK-FRA will have the 77W and FRA-SIN which is the other leg of SQ 25 will have the whalejet? Also for my flight in June..Do they tell people about the aircraft change because I want to get my seats and when do you think would make the official aircraft change?

Comment

Originally posted by ASUDan130 View Post
                  Also for my flight in June..Do they tell people about the aircraft change because I want to get my seats and when do you think would make the official aircraft change?
                  I think SQ usually announces the aircraft changes maybe about 1-2 months before, sometimes 3. At this point, it's better to wait a while for the announcement of aircraft and possible route changes because the seating plan for SQ25 in June is still based on the 744, which 99.999% sure will be gone from the fleet at that point. I doubt booking agents will know the changes at this point either.

Comment

so you think (SQ 25) JFK-FRA will have the 77W and FRA-SIN which is the other leg of SQ 25 will have the whalejet?
                    It would be tricky keeping a 777-300ER in a captive rotation with line MX outsourced to someone at JFK. Another possibility would be to fly the WhaleJet 6x weekly with a 777-300ER on the 7th day, but don't think SQ would try that. The simplest solution (after dropping the JFK tag altogether), would be operate the WhaleJet daily to FRA, and the JFK tag 6x daily. On the 7th day, the 777-300ER that just flew six times to JFK would head back to SIN as SQ325 and the aircraft that arrived from SIN as SQ326 would spend the next week flying to JFK. There would be no SQ flight to JFK on the 7th day. There remains the problem that SQ have a shortage of 777-300ERs.

Comment

what possible route changes could their be if I have SQ 25 booked in J? What should I be looking out for at this point down the road with the future of that route.

Comment

what possible route changes could their be if I have SQ 25 booked in J? What should I be looking out for at this point down the road with the future of that route.
                        Assuming you're booked JFK-SIN, you could probably get your ticket reissued for EWR-SIN. If you're booked JFK-FRA, you could get an endorsement to LH.

Comment

I am booked JFK-SIN...I would only be reissued if they pulled the flight which I guess is the 3rd option after the whale jet/77W. For a business class passenger what should I be pulling for?

Comment

I am booked JFK-SIN...I would only be reissued if they pulled the flight which I guess is the 3rd option after the whale jet/77W. For a business class passenger what should I be pulling for?
                            Either the 777-300ER or the WhaleJet would be much better in Business Class than the JumboJet assuming SQ continue to operate the flight.

Comment

Originally posted by zvezda View Post
                              My guess is that SQ25/26 gets upgauged to the WhaleJet in January with the delivery of 9V-SKK and FRA-JFK gets dropped.
                              Then there will be no more economy seats between SIN and JFK come March ( possible?

Comment

Working...
                              X