Slight equipment change for MEL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
    Seriously - I'm beginning to consider those options. The 5 hour bus is quite nice from what i hear, plus i have a 3G/3.5G internet connection throughout most of malaysia and with powerpoints aboard those luxury buses, i can live with that
    I'll supply a picture TR of my bus journey next month if you like. I'm booked on a Trans Star coach in F. I wonder if there's caviar?
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
      I wonder if there's caviar?
      Only if you BTC.

Comment

But I wonder what's the rationale for cutting down number of seats per day to MEL when it's such a hot destination. Last year in end-June, seats were going at $398 GV4 SIN-SYD but none for SIN-MEL, so I assume that the flights to MEL were better loaded than the flights to SYD. Of course I bought them, and they were only valid for 14 days, had to fly on SQ 231, return SQ220, but when you're looking for cheap deals, it doesn't come at better prices. And it was SQ.

Comment

They're running low on planes due to the A380 delays and the sale of several long haul jets. I believe the 772s are deployed to MEL because the 773s are due for maintenance checks.

As for the cost of flights SYD vs MEL - it could be that MEL has lower capacity due to 1x744 + 2x773 daily vs SYD's 3x744 daily.
          All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
            They're running low on planes due to the A380 delays and the sale of several long haul jets. I believe the 772s are deployed to MEL because the 773s are due for maintenance checks.

As for the cost of flights SYD vs MEL - it could be that MEL has lower capacity due to 1x744 + 2x773 daily vs SYD's 3x744 daily.
            I see. Quite true. But if you look at the other thread, where they talk about SIN-DEL flights which have 77Ws subbed in sometimes, I find it weird that they don't send a 77W to MEL instead. Maybe it's just the flight schedules and the times that don't allow. I don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by sporadic View Post
              Maybe it's just the flight schedules and the times that don't allow.
              Most probably. SIN-DEL has a much shorter turnaround.
              Last edited by KeithMEL; 30 January 2007, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X