Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Lounge with 2 guests] There is just no way round this is there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Lounge with 2 guests] There is just no way round this is there?

So here I am, living in Singapore (dream come true - fresh out of noisy Manhattan) and I decide to pop back to London to see my mum, and collect her to bring back to Singapore for a 3 week trip (she is VERY excited).

Got us on the A380, and of course I have my partner with me too (he's been here for a month with 'the bank')...

I suppose I know the answer to this, but there's just no way on God's sweet earth that I am going to be able to get the 3 of us into any lounge on the return leg (SQ317 on Aug 1st) --- the irony is I am Virgin and BMI Gold... but the rules are the rules aren't they?

It's a shame as its my mum's first ever really long haul flight and I wanted to show her all the 'frills' - but unless I jettison 'him indoors' which would result in certain death, well, it just isn't going to happen is it?

Any bright ingenious ideas? He's a *Alliance Silver (on Thai) but I think that just means they try to give you a seat in the cabin and not in the hold

I mean, is there any priority pass overlap on lounges? Can I fit my mum in my carry on?

More info?

Originally posted by aislealways View Post
    So here I am, living in Singapore (dream come true - fresh out of noisy Manhattan) and I decide to pop back to London to see my mum, and collect her to bring back to Singapore for a 3 week trip (she is VERY excited).

Got us on the A380, and of course I have my partner with me too (he's been here for a month with 'the bank')...

I suppose I know the answer to this, but there's just no way on God's sweet earth that I am going to be able to get the 3 of us into any lounge on the return leg (SQ317 on Aug 1st) --- the irony is I am Virgin and BMI Gold... but the rules are the rules aren't they?

It's a shame as its my mum's first ever really long haul flight and I wanted to show her all the 'frills' - but unless I jettison 'him indoors' which would result in certain death, well, it just isn't going to happen is it?

Any bright ingenious ideas? He's a *Alliance Silver (on Thai) but I think that just means they try to give you a seat in the cabin and not in the hold

I mean, is there any priority pass overlap on lounges? Can I fit my mum in my carry on?
    Perhaps some more clarity might be important?

1. Are you female? If not, are you asking about whether SQ may have a problem with a Gay couple accessing the lounge?
    2. Are you saying that you and your partner (Of whatever gender?) are flying in a Class which will allow you both to use a lounge but not your poor old Mum?
    3. Answer to 1 (Above) is No. Answer to 2 (Above) is buy your Mum a Premium ticket or swap your Boarding Pass with her?
    Round the Moon. And Back

Comment

yes, good point. i am getting ahead of myself. no change there.

all 3 of us are in economy, but i can only bring in one guest with my star alliance status, is there any way to get all three of us in together?

or does mom sit out by the fountain

Comment

Perhaps you can see if someone here is traveling around that time and can get your partner in.

Comment

Now that's an idea, a rather excellent one. I can come with gifts and treats August 1st, SQ317 --- any takers ?

Comment

The rules are very clear that it is only one guest. But of course you can always ask nicely and keep your fingures crossed.

Comment

Originally posted by aislealways View Post
              or does mom sit out by the fountain
              Never

My thought process:

Him indoors has *S - means he's been on a couple of planes. He can wander around enjoying BAA's overpriced merchandise.

Mum on the other hand - you answered the question yourself - first Long haul flight and you want to show her the frills.

QED

Comment

In most airports, there are more than one *G-eligible lounge. So, you could drop off Him Indoors at one *G lounge as a guest, leave, then take your mum to the other *G lounge and stay with her. Agree to meet by the gate by boarding time.

That's probably the best compromise I can think of...

Comment

If you are worried, you may want to go with Jetquay for all three of your group - you'll pay, but you'll all get in!

Comment

Some CC can provide acces as well, check it out, you never now...

Comment

Originally posted by stargold View Post
                      In most airports, there are more than one *G-eligible lounge. So, you could drop off Him Indoors at one *G lounge as a guest, leave, then take your mum to the other *G lounge and stay with her. Agree to meet by the gate by boarding time.

That's probably the best compromise I can think of...
                      I was thinking the same thing. In LHR T3 there's the SAS London Lounge in addition to the SKL.
                      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

I have used the following trick a couple of times

- 2 of you go to the lounge first. The other one enjoys browsing round the shops for 20-30 minutes

- The third person then comes to the lounge and calls you

- You come out and explain it is your guest

- Most of the time they have forgotten that you already entered with a guest. I have had one occasion when this did not work but chances are high.

- If all else fails you have to treat you dear mum to the experience. Your partner is going to get plenty of other chances, so I'm sure he won't mind too much.

Good luck

Comment

I don't think that suggestion will work, barbene, as the entry of the guest and BP details are supposed to be logged.

Comment

I never had my BP and guest logged. It worked for me on a few occasions.

Comment

Don't they have manifests in the Lounges to monitor guest access? Usually happens to me in PER. You go in, they tick your name off etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X