No announcement yet.

Not a rant, a lament: Baggage tag incident

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why not let all Kris Flyer Gold pax get a mimum of J tag regardless of class of travel and QPP/TPP pax have F tags regardless of class of travel?

I'm sure it'd generate a lot of goodwill and wont cost the airlines much if anything.

Comment

Originally posted by concept|infinit View Post
      Why not let all Kris Flyer Gold pax get a mimum of J tag regardless of class of travel and QPP/TPP pax have F tags regardless of class of travel?

I'm sure it'd generate a lot of goodwill and wont cost the airlines much if anything.
      Not gonna happen. SQ hates Elites. From the bottom of their heart.

If you qualify PPS because you spent a lot of money traveling in J, you can continue checking in at J, using J lounges and getting J baggage tags. That's it.

Everything else would mean that the stubborn CEO is finally understanding what loyalty and retention management is all about.

Comment

Originally posted by concept|infinit View Post
        Why not let all Kris Flyer Gold pax get a mimum of J tag regardless of class of travel ... ?
        When did EG (or any *G) stop getting priority tags when travelling in Y?

(I don't think OP even suggested that. He asked, quite reasonably, why a QPP travelling with a TPP wasn't accorded the simple and costless courtesy of receiving F luggage tags.)
        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

i had an experience last year which i checked in at an economy counter(i had a paid business class ticket) and i did not get any priority luggage tag or any of such novelties at check-in. Thinking that i wanted to complain because the check-in lady said I DID NOT NEED A BUSINESS CLASS TAG even though i travelled on a paid business class ticket. Frustrating...
          I know when you airline bling, that could only mean one thing

Comment

Originally posted by LOWJHG View Post
            the check-in lady said I DID NOT NEED A BUSINESS CLASS TAG even though i travelled on a paid business class ticket. Frustrating...
            That may be true. In some airports, the luggage system sorts the bags by the class of travel encoded in the bag tag so that priority bags are diverted to the priority luggage containers loaded on the aircraft (and unloaded first at the destination). In this case, the sometimes gaudy J/F luggage tags are just vanity tags and nothing more.

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
              That may be true. In some airports, the luggage system sorts the bags by the class of travel encoded in the bag tag so that priority bags are diverted to the priority luggage containers loaded on the aircraft (and unloaded first at the destination). In this case, the sometimes gaudy J/F luggage tags are just vanity tags and nothing more.
              well, a business class tag on my bag will be a nice decoration since i rarely fly at the nose of the plane...

Comment

deleted
                Last edited by trekkie; 23 September 2010, 10:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LOWJHG View Post
                  i had an experience last year which i checked in at an economy counter(i had a paid business class ticket) and i did not get any priority luggage tag or any of such novelties at check-in. Thinking that i wanted to complain because the check-in lady said I DID NOT NEED A BUSINESS CLASS TAG even though i travelled on a paid business class ticket. Frustrating...
                  Would you get a J tag if you had checked-in at the J counter? I would not be complaining if I had gone to the wrong counter myself in the first place.

Anyway, my priority tagged luggage always comes out with everybody else's in LHR. Noticed that in Bali as well. Crew luggage comes out before BA F in LHR. So tags don't seem to work in the airports I use.

Comment

i checked in at the ecnomy counter with my parents(they were on economy) and thought since they were economy they did not have the priveledge to check in at the business counter, thus i stuck wit them to check in at the economy counter

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                      When did EG (or any *G) stop getting priority tags when travelling in Y?
                      hmm, I only travel in Y and always get my priority tags

PS : I travel mostly in Asia region

Comment

Working...
                      X