SIN-CHC: What plane?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIN-CHC: What plane?

Anyone knows whether the Sin - Christchurch run uses the 200 or the 200ER? Thanks.

772ER

Comment

Yes, 772ER...which date are you flying? Are you flying in J Class? If yes, I can help you to check the real time seat map for J Class.

Comment

Originally posted by feb01mel View Post
        Yes, 772ER...which date are you flying? Are you flying in J Class? If yes, I can help you to check the real time seat map for J Class.
        Haven't decided - probably early Dec. For a family of 5. If it is ER, then may be worth considering but if not, the price is not worth it. Also may consider getting Y and upgrade with points. Think there is a chance?

I checked J saver redemption but not available even for two! And I have 5.

Comment

It's 772 ER, not 773 ER so bear in mind this is the standard seat (not the new Business class)

Comment

spacebed not regional business seat

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
              spacebed not regional business seat
              Spacebed better than the regional biz class, isn't it? Should be the same product as the outgoing 744. Am I correct?

Personally, I find the spacebed more comfy for sitting than the new formless lie-flats (which are excellent only for sleeping) on the 773ER.

Anyone had any experience upgrading 5 persons at a go from Y to J? I think it'd be hopeless to try to use miles for 5 saver Js, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by KC* View Post
                Anyone had any experience upgrading 5 persons at a go from Y to J? I think it'd be hopeless to try to use miles for 5 saver Js, huh?
                2 seats are the norm with rare occasions where 3 are available. I've never heard of 5 but if you do, please report back. Having said that Dec is a very very busy time for that route and am not surprised that they have already been taken.

Comment

So far, I've not succeeded in redeeming more than 2 pax in one flight in J. And yeah, unfortunately... Dec is not easy.

Incidentally, I am also planning a trip to Copenhagen next Apr. Any idea what plane is used? Website says it is 200 or 200ER but I heard that they don't use the 200 anymore for this segment. Am I correct?

Comment

For Cophenagen, it is 777-200ER, J class seats are spacebed.

Comment

Good luck finding awards in business in December - start of peak season downunder.

Comment

Sigh.... looks like the odds are against me. May have to either spend $$ or make do with cramped seats on an overnight flight.

From my experience with Y prices, online is still tops but not sure about J. I don't have any contacts. Are the J prices on singaporeair.com the best deal or is there a better way to get them?

Thanks everybody for your wonderful help all the time!

Comment

I got 2 award seats on SQ297 (SIN-CHC) and SQ282 (AKL-SIN) for December. The seats in J are Spacebeds for both routes, right?

Comment

Originally posted by broadwayboy View Post
                            I got 2 award seats on SQ297 (SIN-CHC) and SQ282 (AKL-SIN) for December. The seats in J are Spacebeds for both routes, right?
                            Yup...

Comment

Originally posted by broadwayboy View Post
                              New Regional J on the retrofitted 772.

Originally posted by globetrekker84 View Post
                              Yup...
                              Wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X