No announcement yet.

Storms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello FranC, the chances of lightning hitting the aircraft are highly unlikely.

Also the AF447 incident wasn't solely based on storms as they had troubles with the equipment on board.
    Last edited by willio773; 23 June 2009, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Well, I am back safe and sound. Just a brief summary of my first SQ flights. My first time on A380. So remarks:

-Takes a long time to take off
      -Itīs really quiet
      -Itīs affected by turbulences as other planes.

I was on the upper deck. Seat was a little hard, and unconfortable. But as I took a pill, I sleept almost eight hour (I woke up over Bangkok). Crew were nice, and friendly. Not big smiles, but quite professional. Food service was fine, but I got confused since I got a very spicy option. I was surprised about AVOD system. And landing.....approach was quite sunny, and scenic. We got in sunset, and the landing was really nice. No trace of storm at all. I was impressed about Singapore, the MRT system and everything. I got the underground which left me at the harbour.

The problem came taking off from HKG. Stormy the whole day, as a little bit turbulent on A340-600 from VS. Nothing drammatical, but a little bit uneased. No lightning in take off.

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
      X