Flights to London

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flights to London

hi all! just wanna ask you guys a few questions...

1. how are loads like to london now on economy? planning to fly to LHR in sept on the red-eye flight

2. shld i check-in for a seat on the upper deck? (tends to be more crowded right?

3. i'm gg to london to study. can i request for extra baggage allowance? does it include only more weight or also an extra piece of baggage? can i request this if i purchase on SQ website or it has to be through a travel agent?

thank you SQ experts!

hello, quick answers here because i think SIN-LHR has been covered quite extensively in this forum and elsewhere.

1. SQ322 is a very popular flight. Maybe not in Suites, but definitely in Y, because most travellers "gain" a day by flying that flight. You get the few oddities of an emptyish flight now and then, but I've never come across a emptyish SQ322 before. Not in my experience anyway.

2. 88 Y seats on the upper deck vs 311 on the lower deck i think. Again hit and miss as to how crowded / stuffy it'll be. I would pay 50 USD extra to sit in an emergency exit seat on the upper deck of an A380 though. it's just, more comfortable.

3. SQ are quite strict with their baggage allowance. I've snuck by with 28kgs before in a single piece, but I wouldnt' recommend any more than that. You could certainly call customer services and see if they could give you 30 on paper. I think they have given concessions every now and then. Most of us just go to the airport with a reasonable amount of luggage and try to get by. Anyway, you can send stuff via DHL for $150 sing for a 25kg box? it saves you a lot of pain getting from the airport to your end destination.

Comment

Originally posted by warhero200 View Post
      3. i'm gg to london to study. can i request for extra baggage allowance? does it include only more weight or also an extra piece of baggage? can i request this if i purchase on SQ website or it has to be through a travel agent?
      Since you are going over to the UK for education, you will be able to purchase a student ticket. You will have to buy it through a travel agent as SQ ticketing no longer directly issues student tickets. All you need some documentation to proof that you are going to the UK for education and they will issue the ticket. A student ticket is similar to a Y fare but it gives you 40kg baggage allowance instead of the usual 20kg.

Comment

Working...
      X