Itinerary Change UA862/SQ2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Itinerary Change UA862/SQ2

A month ago, I have confirmed the itinerary with United. (UA862 SFO-HKG)
    But now, can i change the flight to SIA (SQ2 SFO-HKG)?
    They are star alliance members ... and i think i may try...
    anyone knows?
    thanks

Have you ticketed this yet? If so, whose ticket is it? What are the first three digits of the ticket number? What is the fare class or fare basis code?

Comment

Originally posted by dragonairhk View Post
      A month ago, I have confirmed the itinerary with United. (UA862 SFO-HKG)
      But now, can i change the flight to SIA (SQ2 SFO-HKG)?
      They are star alliance members ... and i think i may try...
      anyone knows?
      thanks
      Are you enquiring whether by holding a UA ticket/itinerary you can fly SQ, on the basis that both are members of Star Alliance?

If that is what you're asking, it is highly unlikely unless you have paid for a prohibitively expensive endorsable fare.

Comment

Quite. The Star Alliance Endorsement Waiver only works for full fare tickets, and very, very few people pay for those. Therefore, it's highly unlikely that you can make that sort of change.

PS. milehighnj, re. your sig, I think feeding humble pie to SQ is like feeding vegetables to a child...

Comment

Originally posted by stargold View Post
          PS. milehighnj, re. your sig, I think feeding humble pie to SQ is like feeding vegetables to a child...
          And some might say, "If you don't eat your veggies, you can go to your room hungry..."

Comment

Originally posted by stargold View Post
            Quite. The Star Alliance Endorsement Waiver only works for full fare tickets, and very, very few people pay for those....
            Star Alliance waiver applies tickets without nonref/nonend/nonrer restrictions. They may not be full fares, but close to full fares. The accepting airlines can opt to accept the flight coupon as credit against their own fare which means substantial add coll anyway. Furthermore, SQ was never part of the Star Alliance waiver scheme.

STAR ALLIANCE ENDORSEMENT WAIVER AGREEMENT
            ------------------------------------------
            IN ORDER TO IMPROVE STAR ALLIANCE HASSLE-FREE TRAVEL THE STAR ALLIANCE CARRIERS WITH THE EXCEPTION OF SINGAPORE AIRLINES HAVE AGREED ON AN ENDORSEMENT WAVIER POLICY BETWEEN THEMSELVES FOR VOLUNTARY AND INVOLUNTARY SITUATIONS. OUR RESPECTIVE ACCOUNTING ORGANIZATIONS HAVE WORKED TOGETHER TO ENSURE THAT PROPER PAYMENTS WILL BE MADE BETWEEN STAR ALLIANCE CARRIERS BASED ON THIS AGREEMENT.
            Last edited by TerryK; 11 June 2009, 01:57 AM.

Comment

thanks everyone
              i asked and have to pay a ludicrously high fare penalty
              so just have to stick back to PTV-free United 744

Comment

Working...
              X