Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SQ booking on MI codeshare = no seat selection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ booking on MI codeshare = no seat selection?

Just booked online for mrs and I a trip where its SQ on the outbound and MI (SQ codeshare) on the inbound but at seat selection, MI offers only generic window, middle or aisle. No specific seat unlike SQ.
    Is this the norm? How can I get round it if at all possible?

You'd have to ask at the check-in and at the gate, mate.

I was quite fortunate to have my first trip on MI last night ex KUL and they gave me 11C with the whole row to myself (and the stewardess who also sat in my row upon landing/takeoff).

You're better off asking at the gate for EMexs.

Comment

I have always been able to choose the exact seat during online check in on my MI flights. Are you refering to seat selection during booking?

Comment

Hmm, definitely different from what I experience which is same as 9V-JKL, only a choice of window, middle, aisle. Were you in Y or J?

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
          Hmm, definitely different from what I experience which is same as 9V-JKL, only a choice of window, middle, aisle. Were you in Y or J?
          Was in J.

Comment

think MI have 5 different seating configurations for its A319s and A320s.

Comment

And you can't do online upgrades if you have a mix of MI and SQ planes in your travel itinerary

Comment

Originally posted by SuperJonJon View Post
                Are you refering to seat selection during booking?
                Booking.

Comment

On booking, no specific seats are offered to be choose, Y or J, only generic one
                  On OLCI, specific seats are open to be choose.
                  It's a common practice on MI. Done this many many times with MI.

Comment

My experience was the same as yours 9V-JKL, I could only choose window etc during booking.

When I did my online check in I'm sure it then assigned me a seat number, I cannot remember being able to change the seat during the online check in process but I may be wrong, I was flying Y.

If your not happy with your assigned seat just try and change it on the day if your experience is the same as mine.

SQ238.

Comment

likely bec MI have different seating configurations and changes in aircraft deployment that specific seat selection is not avail

Comment

Working...
                      X