Best way to check in this item...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best way to check in this item...

...Some chairs, do you think it's feasible? Will SQ allow such items? I need 6 of these, probably gonna ship 1 at a time and put it in a box?

What do you think?

http://www.habitat.co.uk/fcp/product...g-chair/954132

954132, W44.5 x H81 x D50cm, seat height: 45cm

Just curious: why don't you want to pay a company that specializes in shipping such items (even the store itself) -- which will have insurance and customs experience -- to do it for you?
    Last edited by jjpb3; 2 June 2009, 04:18 PM.
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
      Just curious: why don't you want to pay a company that specializes in shipping such items (even the store itself) -- which will have insurance and customs experience -- to do it for you?
      But would that be costly? Do you have any specific company that handles shipping to KUL, from LHR?

Comment

Asia-Europe vv freight rates are very cheap now due to over-capacity so I think it should be relatively cheap for your to ship. Some companies I know are paying <US$800 for a 20ft container between the 2 regions.

I don't know any forwarders so can't help you. Sorry

Comment

It's a nice chair btw...

Comment

www.sevenseasworldwide.com

Comment

careful with customs and duties. KL is notoriously high for imports.

Comment

I agree with others, you should get the company (producing these chairs) to do the shipping for you instead.

It's both a hassle and risk to do this yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by -F- View Post
                  IIRC, this company was owned by Hong Kongers in 2006

At that time, I was being a exchange student in UK, when I was moving to HK, I have too much things to bring back(shopaholic), so I called them to ship 2 big carton boxes to HK. When I phoned them, and asked for shipping to Hong Kong, the one on phone change her channel to Cantonese......which made everything going easier.

Comment

Working...
                  X