Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New F instead of Suites in future A380s?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New F instead of Suites in future A380s?

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post

If I was CEO of SQ I wished the new J would have never been introduced...
    In my opinion, the new Suites class is a failure. Doesn't really offer much difference over regular first class. The new business class is fantastic, but I really don't want to see an A380 in JFK because it would mean I wouldn't fly first anymore and would have to schlepp to IAH to catch a flight. I just can't bring myself to pay the fare for Suites class.

Originally posted by dcflyer View Post
    In my opinion, the new Suites class is a failure. Doesn't really offer much difference over regular first class. The new business class is fantastic, but I really don't want to see an A380 in JFK because it would mean I wouldn't fly first anymore and would have to schlepp to IAH to catch a flight. I just can't bring myself to pay the fare for Suites class.
    There is a reason why there are rumours that SQ might put the new F on the A380 to be delivered next year... Might take some effort though - I think they would have to put F on the upper deck together with J. If they bring back the full seat pitch for F - that would be nice as well.

I think there are many people who don't see a reason to cough up 50% for Suites over F. I have seen a couple of flights now with only 1 pax in R - can't be a sustainable load factor for the future... SQ might open booking class F for Suites shortly. Not sure about A and O.

Comment

I could imagine the first zone upstairs being converted from 16J to 12F. But then what to do with the space downstairs now taken by the Suites? More Y seats?

Comment

Originally posted by zvezda View Post
        I could imagine the first zone upstairs being converted from 16J to 12F. But then what to do with the space downstairs now taken by the Suites? More Y seats?
        Makes sense to me. I have always thought that reserving Door #1 for the boarding of 12 (and these days a lot fewer) R pax is pretty absurd.

Why bother adding a 3rd aerobridge if effectively almost all the pax are still boarding thru 2 doors??

Comment

If switching from Suites to First Class on the A380 helps SQ get over themselves quicker, then I'm all for it

Comment

I haven't heard these "rumours" but I prefer Singapore Airlines to keep the 12 Singapore Airlines Suites on board the A380. It's not as if passengers who do not find value in the product and/or cannot afford the price have no other airline or class options anyway.

And from the musings from the highest echelons of Airline House, Suites and the general level of pricing and positioning in the market will stay.

However, Chew Choon Seng leaves in 2011? (can't find press release)

Comment

I suppose if F were to be installed in the forward zone on the upper deck, and the space now taken by R were be converted to Y, then probably J would be extended all the way aft on the upper deck.

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                Makes sense to me. I have always thought that reserving Door #1 for the boarding of 12 (and these days a lot fewer) R pax is pretty absurd.

Why bother adding a 3rd aerobridge if effectively almost all the pax are still boarding thru 2 doors??
                Door 1 is probably used for lower deck Y disembarkation though?

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                  Door 1 is probably used for lower deck Y disembarkation though?
                  Indeed that could be... Haven't had any experience in Y...

Comment

Originally posted by Singapore_Air View Post
                    I haven't heard these "rumours" but I prefer Singapore Airlines to keep the 12 Singapore Airlines Suites on board the A380. It's not as if passengers who do not find value in the product and/or cannot afford the price have no other airline or class options anyway.

And from the musings from the highest echelons of Airline House, Suites and the general level of pricing and positioning in the market will stay.

Singapore_Air, do you know what is SQ reasoning for keeping the suites based on the musings from Airline House? I noted you mentioning about CCS leaving in 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by zvezda View Post
                      I suppose if F were to be installed in the forward zone on the upper deck, and the space now taken by R were be converted to Y, then probably J would be extended all the way aft on the upper deck.
                      Emirates and Qantas already do it that way - why shouldn't SQ follow?

Comment

Originally posted by Singapore_Air View Post
                        Let me think...

- didn't get the fuel hedging right and is still overcharging customers
                        - didnt't get the revamp of PPS Club right and has lost business to other airlines due to that
                        - didnt' get the introduction of F/R products right (new F and R get very underwhelming reviews from those who were actually flying them - including myself...)

"First to fly A380" might not make him the most successful CEO ever - and the outstanding service attitude from the usually fantastic cabin crew was not invented by him.

It would take some guts to put the things on the table that are not right and fix them - I think that would get him a lot of respect from both staff and passengers.

Comment

deleted
                          Last edited by trekkie; 23 September 2010, 10:45 PM.

Comment

Emirates and Qantas already do it that way - why shouldn't SQ follow?
                            QF F is on the main deck. Only J & Y+ are on the upper deck.

Comment

"First to fly A380" might not make him the most successful CEO ever.
                              Actually, the slogan was "First to fly A380 in 2006."

Originally posted by trekkie View Post
                              reduce the price of the suites. and open up redemptions.
                              That would destroy yields. It's the reason why nobody pays full F to the US carriers.

Comment

Working...
                              X