Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rumour: MAN to be dropped with Winter timetable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumour: MAN to be dropped with Winter timetable?

I was talking with someone who works at the Manchester Airports Group yesterday and he mentioned that SQ hasn't renewed their slots (or something like that) from the winter timetable starting in end-October. Since dropping down to 3 times a week earlier this month, SQ has apparently lost pax to EK, EY and QR which have daily flights. Also, cargo on this route has been down along with the economy for the last few months.

Looks like I may have to book a backup flight for my BD award SIN-MAN in early January.

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post

Looks like I may have to book a backup flight for my BD award SIN-MAN in early January.
    Why? ... if they axe the route and you have a ticketed booking, you would be protected.

Comment

Surely a sign of your effect at work, Savage25!

Comment

Alas, not surprising...

The MAS CEO always used to say they needed a load factor of something silly like 150% in order to break even on the MAN route. There's no (paid) premium traffic to speak of, so SQ would only have been making anything on the cargo. Of which there is now none.

And then there are those state-subsidised, capacity-dumping enterprises like QR, EY and EK to contend with. They'll get you to Australia in one stop, and charge you 30% less for the privilege

Originally posted by -F- View Post
        Why? ... if they axe the route and you have a ticketed booking, you would be protected.
        ...you try telling that to the goons in Pune at the BD ICC

Comment

Originally posted by -F- View Post
          From past experience, BD will rebook one for free on another itinerary where award availability exists. Try finding SIN-MAN business award availability on 2-4 Jan. There isn't much now, and not likely to be any in a few months if and when SQ announce any cancellation.

Comment

Nice going, Savage25!
            HUGE AL

Comment

MAN Route

Hey Vodka boy,

That's quite a turnaround at MAN if your info is correct. I used this route to avoid LHR quite often when it was a daily service. In those days, not so long ago, it was VERY difficult to get a C Class seat any day of the week. Was C Class being heavily discounted out of The UK in those days or is this another manifestation of SQ's premium problems?
              Round the Moon. And Back

Comment

Savage25.

BKK-OSL 1/3 has space in C....

You can fly SIN-BKK-OSL-FRA/CPH-MAN

Comment

Working...
                X