Advice on Business seats Syd Sing London

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on Business seats Syd Sing London

I am new to the forum and overseas travel [29 years ago] and ask assistance on Business Class seating. Looking at travelling June 2010 in Business:
    Syd - Sing - Saver on 777-300
    Sing - London - Standard on A380
    Zurich - Sing - Standard on 777-300ER
    Sing - Syd - 777-300

Can I get opinions please on what type of business seating are on these planes. Are A380 and 300ER the same seats? Is 777-300 ok in business.
    I need to do business as its the only way I can get the wife to fly - she hates it and gets very scared!

I can't afford Standard all way around. No stopover in Sing - going to saty an extra night or two in Europe instead.
    I was hoping to get London back to Sing on A380 but it dosen't offer me 777-300 back to Syd from Sing in Saver.

Thankyou for your thoughts

SQ354

There are only minor detail differences in the Business class seats between the 777-300ER and the WhaleJet, so SIN-LHR is more or less all the same. The WhaleJet is quieter and a little bit faster (maybe 10 min shorter flight).

The current Business class seats on the 777-300 are dreadful if you want to sleep and otherwise mediocre. However, they are likely to all be refitted by June 2010 and anyway which equipment SQ use to SYD is likely to change considerably by June 2010. You can book a flight to SYD now for June 2010 and more than likely it will be operated by a different aircraft type by then, or at least one with a different seat type.

I expect by June 2010 the worst Business class seat SQ will be operating to SYD will be the new regional Business class seat now found in the A330-300s and soon to be fitted to the 777-300s.

Comment

Originally posted by zvezda View Post
      There are only minor detail differences in the Business class seats between the 777-300ER and the WhaleJet, so SIN-LHR is more or less all the same. The WhaleJet is quieter and a little bit faster (maybe 10 min shorter flight).

The current Business class seats on the 777-300 are dreadful if you want to sleep and otherwise mediocre. However, they are likely to all be refitted by June 2010 and anyway which equipment SQ use to SYD is likely to change considerably by June 2010. You can book a flight to SYD now for June 2010 and more than likely it will be operated by a different aircraft type by then, or at least one with a different seat type.

I expect by June 2010 the worst Business class seat SQ will be operating to SYD will be the new regional Business class seat now found in the A330-300s and soon to be fitted to the 777-300s.
      Welcome to SQTalk, SQ354 !

I recall reading somewhere that the air in the A380 is more moist, making for a more comfortable flight and less jet lag. (Please take this at face value as I can't corroborate this!) That said, in my experience, the air does feel somewhat more humid in the A380 than B747.

Also, you may like to know that.... the new regional Business Class seat is available on a Saver redemption.

So you have a very good chance of being in the new seat in June 2010.
      F all the way. Settle for J. Usually whY. Sigh.

Comment

Originally posted by SQJunkie View Post
        I recall reading somewhere that the air in the A380 is more moist, making for a more comfortable flight and less jet lag. (Please take this at face value as I can't corroborate this!)
        That would surprise me. Cabin air is kept dry to minimize fuselage corrosion. I think we'll have to wait for the 787 and A350 to have better cabin humidity, as their CFRP fuselages are not subject to corrosion.

Comment

Originally posted by zvezda View Post
          That would surprise me. Cabin air is kept dry to minimize fuselage corrosion. I think we'll have to wait for the 787 and A350 to have better cabin humidity, as their CFRP fuselages are not subject to corrosion.
          Thinking back now, I think I was told this at the A380 Launch Roadshow in Sydney.

FWIW, I googled and came up with this.

But even economy-class passengers should benefit from flying the A380. The huge interior allows for wider seats and aisles that accommodate service carts and passengers at the same time. And while older airliners typically create an interior air pressure equivalent to 8,000 feet—roughly the altitude of Mexico City—the A380’s cabin can be pressurized to create an altitude of 5,000 feet. Higher humidity than on conventional aircraft can be maintained in the passenger compartment, and noise is said to be 50 percent lower, both of which are intended to reduce the effects of jet lag. The superjumbo jet is also more fuel efficient, since lightweight composite materials make up 25 percent of the plane’s components.
          and this:

Reversing an industry trend of the past two decades, the A380 puts a premium on passenger comfort. Don't like harsh lighting or cabins that are too dark? The lighting throughout the plane automatically adjusts to find the perfect balance between light and dark. Sick of dry air that makes your skin feel tight? Automatic climate controls keep cabin humidity slightly above average. Best of all, noise-reduction technology makes the A380 "the quietest cabin in the sky."
          F all the way. Settle for J. Usually whY. Sigh.

Comment

"Slightly higher than average" means it's within the same range as other current airliners. The 787 and A350 will have dramatically better cabin humidity.

Comment

Working...
            X