Yes, it has finally happened... [A380 -> 773 equipment swap]]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
    I am scheduled Monday night for NRT - they better have the whale jet ready... ;-)
    Your odds are good on Monday. Starting Tuesday, I would be worried. 9V-SKG hasn't yet moved from XFW to TLS, so I don't see how she can enter service on Tuesday, as needed to fly CDG in addition to the current services. NRT passengers may suffer substitutions while SQ are waiting for 9V-SKG.

Now SQ need 6 WhaleJets. On Monday, they will need 7. Starting Tuesday, they will need 8. They have 7. Two more will be delivered soon, but seemingly not soon enough.

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
      Back to the topic - anyone aware of how Singapore Airlines made up for the 773 experience? I am scheduled Monday night for NRT - they better have the whale jet ready... ;-)
      I don't really know exactly how I would react if I learned that my overnight flight on the A380 in R or J was subbed with a 773. But I would imagine it would essentially be along the lines of a spontaneous combustion.

If nothing urgent to attend to at NRT, then I guess it's an option to tell them to put me up at the Crowne Plaza and go on the SQ12 the following day... a short night flight that you don't manage to sleep on can really screw up your body clock.

Comment

In the event that 9V-SKG is delayed, I would guess that one of the 77Ws from CDG will be deployed to NRT.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick C View Post
          In the event that 9V-SKG is delayed, I would guess that one of the 77Ws from CDG will be deployed to NRT.
          Agreed. With the news that 9V-SKG is due to be ferried to TLS today, they might just pull on EIS on Tuesday. The timing is very, very tight now.

Comment

Would it be more efficient to fly the new A380 from TLS to CDG rather than fly it to SIN than start its service

Comment

Originally posted by sutrakhk View Post
              Would it be more efficient to fly the new A380 from TLS to CDG rather than fly it to SIN than start its service
              Normally, an airline spends a week or two outfitting a new airliner between delivery and EIS. SQ have this down to a few days. Think about all the stuff that needs to be loaded: blankets, pillows, life vests, magazines, etc. that SQ don't stock at CDG. Nor do SQ have personnel at CDG to prepare a new aircraft for EIS. Also, the Singaporean regulatory authorities might want to inspect the aircraft before it can enter commercial service.

Comment

Originally posted by sutrakhk View Post
                That won't help. If 77W flies to CDG and replaced by A380 on the return then they have a 77W a/c out of position with a ferry flight to SIN to get back on track.

Comment

Funny coincidence

Originally posted by Nick C View Post
                  It's at the GA apron. Apparently, Sarong Party Girl got "kissed" by one of the loaders.

Just bought the model 744 on Krisshop.
                  (Call me nostalgic or tragic!)
                  Guess what the registration is on the model?

9V-SPG !

How cool is that!
                  F all the way. Settle for J. Usually whY. Sigh.

Comment

Originally posted by SQJunkie View Post
                    Just bought the model 744 on Krisshop.
                    (Call me nostalgic or tragic!)
                    Guess what the registration is on the model?

9V-SPG !

How cool is that!
                    What's better than having a model featured at your next Sarong Party?

Comment

Originally posted by zvezda View Post
                      What's better than having a model featured at your next Sarong Party?
                      Got me there - a model of the 2-legged variety?
                      F all the way. Settle for J. Usually whY. Sigh.

Comment

Working...
                      X