Yes, it has finally happened... [A380 -> 773 equipment swap]]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SQJunkie View Post
    Just drove past Kingsford Smith and saw a very forlorn (and grubby) looking SPG in the a**e end of the airport, all by itself.

Does not look like any work is being done on it.
    Almost looks like it's been led out to pasture.
    I'm guessing 9V-SPG might be waiting on the delivery of one or more parts.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
      I'm most curious to know what you had originally wrote. Something juicy I presume
      post padding...it's a trend (and tolerated)

to get TPP

Comment

Originally posted by stargold View Post
        Due to the technical delay from LHR, the 9V-SKA could not make it back to SIN in time for the evening departures on 26th May.
        Was this the aircraft which suffered an engine failure from SIN-LHR? If it is, I would say it is more than a "technical delay!"

Comment

Oh god.. If I were downgraded from a J seat on the A380 to a 773, I would be seriously mad. Despite more seasoned SQ fliers telling me the 773 J seats are sufficiently comfortable (and that too only for short flights), I can't get over how ugly they look compared to the chic and stylish new J. It may sound trivial but the aesthetic aspect of the cabin product is very important to me.
          Last edited by concept|infinit; 29 May 2009, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by concept|infinit View Post
            Oh god.. If I were downgraded from a J seat on the A380 to a 773, I would be seriously mad. Despite more seasoned SQ fliers telling me the 773 J seats are sufficiently comfortable (and that too only for short flights), I can't get over how ugly they look compared to the chic and stylish new J. It may sound trivial but the aesthetic aspect of the cabin product is very important to me.
            Corporates rates do not book into J for SQ638 and public rates still have a surcharge over 747 rates. Having a fully flat bed is key for red-eyes - especially if you have to work the next day. I don't know what made SQ putting a 773 on that flight - I would have withdrawn the 747 for SYD and put the 773 on that route... In any event, SQ will face a lot of angry customers. I hope their good-will will go beyond the surcharges for the A380.

Is there any local regulation for denied boarding / involuntary downgrades in Singapore? Not sure what my rights were if SQ denied boarding or downgraded me involuntary. Any one ever experienced that?

Comment

Originally posted by concept|infinit View Post
              When you're heading out to a meeting that you have to be in come hell or high water, where you're going to make a multi million dollar decision, where 6-7 difficult governmental organisations are involved, where the jobs of 6-800 people hang in the balance - there'd be other things on your mind than the trivial matter of whether the seat looks good or not.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                When you're heading out to a meeting that you have to be in come hell or high water, where you're going to make a multi million dollar decision, where 6-7 difficult governmental organisations are involved, where the jobs of 6-800 people hang in the balance - there'd be other things on your mind than the trivial matter of whether the seat looks good or not.
                Oh I'm sure corporate travellers won't or can't be as particular. Perhaps most leisure travellers too.

I travel for leisure and qualify its only my personal preference.

Comment

Just drove past Kingsford Smith and saw a very forlorn (and grubby) looking SPG in the a**e end of the airport, all by itself.
                  I went through SYD on Monday (arrived on a 744 on SQ231 and left on QF to BNE) but didn't see an SQ 744 parked up. Where was she ?.

Shame it's the Party Girl.

Comment

I would guess over at the a/c parking lot near the QF domestic terminal (by the pond). Should be able to confirm tomorrow (if I remember to check).

Comment

She wasn't there, as we departed from the 'back' of the QF domestic terminal opposite the hangars and I didn't see her. Saw the EY bird and a couple of others but no SQ 744.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                        I went through SYD on Monday (arrived on a 744 on SQ231 and left on QF to BNE) but didn't see an SQ 744 parked up. Where was she ?.

It's at the GA apron. Apparently, Sarong Party Girl got "kissed" by one of the loaders.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post

When I drove by on Wednesday, SPG was parked alongside Ross Smith Ave, kinda further south somewhat of Krispy Kreme and Macca's which are also on Ross Smith Ave. Is that the GA Apron?

Hard to describe, and I don't know how to embed a pic.

I'll be there again tomorrow so I'll have another look if she's still there.

Too much partying for SPG.
                          F all the way. Settle for J. Usually whY. Sigh.

Comment

It is currently parked up at the far eastern end of the airport. Hard to see when arriving or departing internationally.

Comment

Hard to describe, and I don't know how to embed a pic.
                              Get a photobucket or flickr account, upload the pic there and link it here. I wouldn't mind seeing what happened to SPG.

Comment

Back to the topic - anyone aware of how Singapore Airlines made up for the 773 experience? I am scheduled Monday night for NRT - they better have the whale jet ready... ;-)

Comment

Working...
                                X