A330 Service to ATH/IST?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A330 Service to ATH/IST?

I just did some calculations and found that SIN-ATH is right at the limit of the A330-300's range with a full passenger payload. SQ's cabin configuration might be on the heavy side and SQ are conservative about range because they intensely wish to avoid unscheduled diversions. However, SIN-IST is well within range. Might we see SIN-IST service upgraded to a daily A330-300 nonstop? That would raise yields to this Star Alliance hub.

IIRC, F has a poor LF to IST. It would be a sensible move to downgauge the current one stop 773 and do a direct 333.

Comment

Originally posted by zvezda View Post
      Might we see SIN-IST service upgraded to a daily A330-300 nonstop? That would raise yields to this Star Alliance hub.
      Originally posted by Nick C View Post
      IIRC, F has a poor LF to IST.
      And probably a nil load factor in F half the time. But that's probably to do with the poor hard product and stopover.

An interesting proposition. I will not pretend to be au fait with the economic situation of Turkey but it's middle class is still probably still developing so the ability to raise yields could be tempered somewhat (though the prospect of non-stop flights definitely bolsters the power to do so obviously).

TK will be operating a two-class A332 to Singapore on certain day(s) of the week from 28 June.

Guessing, a four or five times weekly A333 service could be viable. Schedule coordination with TK could help (I imagine both will want the late evening departure ex-SIN). Turkey should continue to grow as a tourist destination. Non-stop flights would make SQ to Turkey more appealing for Australasian passengers.

Comment

Working...
      X