Blankets in Y better than in J?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blankets in Y better than in J?

I just came back from a weekend in SYD and was flying J overnight on the 747 - the blankets provided were a joke: blue in color, very thin, scratchy and not good at all. Flying back on the 380, I was in Y and good a nice beige blanket. How come that blankets are different in J for 747 and 77W/380 and why would the blanket in Y be better???

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
    I just came back from a weekend in SYD and was flying J overnight on the 747 - the blankets provided were a joke: blue in color, very thin, scratchy and not good at all. Flying back on the 380, I was in Y and good a nice beige blanket. How come that blankets are different in J for 747 and 77W/380 and why would the blanket in Y be better???
    I suspect you are getiing the old cabin product on the 744

Comment

Originally posted by SINFJ View Post
      I suspect you are getiing the old cabin product on the 744
      The reason I was surprised was that on my last 747 flight to SYD I was in F and got the new grey Givenchy tableware - would have expected that the whole product would be rolled over with that...

Comment

The JumboJets have not been fitted with new products in J and Y because they will be retired soon. In the case of F, SQ wanted the consistency amongst aircraft types.

Comment

Originally posted by zvezda View Post
          The JumboJets have not been fitted with new products in J and Y because they will be retired soon. In the case of F, SQ wanted the consistency amongst aircraft types.
          Looks like the typical SQ logic... I think that the tableware has been changed in J as well... My 747 farewell flight is booked in December and in F - not sure whether the birds are still around then though... :-)

Comment

Looks like the typical SQ logic... I think that the tableware has been changed in J as well...
            I guess different departments made different decisions about the value of investing in a product about to be phased out.

My 747 farewell flight is booked in December and in F - not sure whether the birds are still around then though... :-)
            The latest report is that they will all be phased out by October (attributed to this month's SilverKris magazine).

Comment

Working...
            X