SQ F Booking online - issues, need advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ F Booking online - issues, need advice

I am trying to book a F-class trip from LAX to PVG (via SQ). Yes... its not the shorted route, but I want to fly SQ. Scheduling the trip for September '09.

Anyways, it won't book the trip in F-class if I try for LAX-PVG (and return). If I make two seperate bookings (LAX-SIN and SIN-PVG) it makes the booking. At the same time it books the whole trip in J-class (LAX-PVG). What gives? I checked seat availability and its pretty much empty in F-class and J-class.

Any tips? Thanks in advance.

Just tried via expedia and same problem...

Comment

You need to make two separate bookings.

The LAX-PVG F fare doesn't allow routing through SIN as it is over MPM. The LAX-PVG Z (Business) fare allows routing through SIN. The booking chooses the closest fare available for your routing. You can make two separate booking for two F tickets.

Comment

Thanks - I also checked with my agent and he is able to get LAX-SIN on F and SIN-PVG (return) on J on the same booking.

BTW, what's MPM?

Comment

Originally posted by TerryK View Post
          You need to make two separate bookings.

The LAX-PVG F fare doesn't allow routing through SIN as it is over MPM. The LAX-PVG Z (Business) fare allows routing through SIN. The booking chooses the closest fare available for your routing. You can make two separate booking for two F tickets.
          Bingo. Up to 25% over MPM, it reflects an M5/10/15/20 or 25 surcharge to the LAX-PVG. Over that, it's sectorized.

Comment

Originally posted by allmotor_2000 View Post
            ...BTW, what's MPM?
            Maximum Permitted Miles.

You can exceed MPM by up to 25% paying a surcharge of 5-25%. The MPM for LAX-PVG is 7778, the maximum you can fly by paying a 25% surcharge is 9722. LAX-SIN-PVG is 11127 miles.

You need to break the fare in SIN.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryK View Post
              Maximum Permitted Miles.

You can exceed MPM by up to 25% paying a surcharge of 5-25%. The MPM for LAX-PVG is 7778, the maximum you can fly by paying a 25% surcharge is 9722. LAX-SIN-PVG is 11127 miles.

You need to break the fare in SIN.
              Thanks - this is good info to have! Where do I find MPM data? I booked the ticket in F from LAX-SIN and J from SIN-PVG. Buying two separate F tix is more expensive and the SIN-PVG-SIN is only like a 5 1/2 hour fight? Maybe they will bump me up to the F-cabin if I am nice

Comment

wow, this is my first real life example for my ticketing course taking now~!!

I would like to ask is the Business Class(Z) LAX-PVG have EMA on Specified Routing in SQ or it is a special fare?

Thanks~!!

Comment

Working...
                X