Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have there been any SilkAir J class sales ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have there been any SilkAir J class sales ?

Or more to the point, are there any on now ?.

I am looking at flights to BKI and back. They quote a 'Hot Deal' fare of SGD 178, which you can't argue with, but the J class fare is SGD 854.

I don't mind stumping up extra for flying further up front, but this is a 2 hour flight on an A319/320, so I can't justify SGD 854 over SGD 178. The flight looks quiet throughout as well, so even less reason to fly in J. Another fact to add is MI don't even have any lounge for J class pax to use in BKI either, or they didn't last time I flew there with them. I know I would get lounge access as TPP anyway.

I had a quick search but couldn't find anything about J class sales on MI. Have they had any ?.

I've booked MI fares during business class sales before. I hardly ever look so not sure how often they are held.

Comment

Yes, there's one on now. BKI is S$488 all in
      But GV2 type: http://www.silkair.com/mbe/en_UK/con...elightsGV2.jsp

Out of curiosity, when you're going? I'm likely going shortly

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
        Yes, there's one on now. BKI is S$488 all in
        But GV2 type: http://www.silkair.com/mbe/en_UK/con...elightsGV2.jsp

Thanks. Hadn't seen that offer, but as I'm alone not much good.

I am probably going next week actually.

Comment

Just replied to your PM. Looks like we are there at the same time.

I may also have to look at TR and AK at SGD 30 all-in.

Comment

Its still available on 'your' dates for TR. Hurry......

Comment

Its still available on 'your' dates for TR. Hurry......
              Thanks, but I struggle to bring myself to fly LCC's after my last few trips with them in Europe. Granted, this was Ryanair and Jet2 who are notoriously crap, but I got off swearing 'Never. Again.'

It looks like a Hot Deal on MI is calling my name.

Comment

Been reading this thread, but didn't even think to look up where BKI was. As the location was playing over and over on SPGTV during my stay in S'pore (read: sick from a Taiwanese cold and in the room A LOT), it's on my list of places to visit. Are you staying at the LM? Let us know what you guys think.

Danke.
                HUGE AL

Comment

I'll have a room at LM for sure, especially as it's cheap and with the stay 2 nights get one free it's too good an opportunity to miss. I've stayed there before and it's alright. Slap in the middle of the City with a decent little lounge looking out over the water.

I usually stay at Shangri-La Tanjung Aru (last stay was my tenth and I got a nice gift because of this ) but it's a lot more expensive than it used to be so I may just do a day there.

Need to try and get up to see the Orangs at the Shangri-La Rasa Ria while I am there, which is not as easy as it was as you need to book in advance now.

Hope you get well soon fella. You in the SR ?.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                    Hope you get well soon fella. You in the SR ?.
                    No no...this was during my last visit in February.

Be sure to say, "Hi," to LM's Sales Manager. I feel like I know her well from the repetitiveness during my semi-conscious days...
                    HUGE AL

Comment

Thanks, but I struggle to bring myself to fly LCC's after my last few trips with them in Europe. Granted, this was Ryanair and Jet2 who are notoriously crap, but I got off swearing 'Never. Again.'

It looks like a Hot Deal on MI is calling my name.
                      Aiyoh so spoiled lah TR is not that bad. My prefered choice to KUL now at 60SGD all in for the RT. For up to 2hrs journeys it is quite alright.

Well the MI fare is very decent though. Does it earn KF miles (rather not I'm guessing)? Anyway considering you need a good connection in SIN this time around I'm also voting you take MI Eco - yikes

Comment

Originally posted by demue View Post
                        My prefered choice to KUL now at 60SGD all in for the RT. For up to 2hrs journeys it is quite alright.
                        Who's that with? I don't mind Air Asia and Tiger in principle, but travelling to/from the LCCT in KUL is a total PITA, as well as the whole charging-for-luggage thing (which also rules out Jetstar)

It makes MH and MI seem pretty reasonable, all things considered. In fact MI is cheaper than MH (!) these days if you get a Hot Deal or whatever they are called

In fact the only airline that doesn't do sale fares in Y is... SQ!

Comment

Originally posted by demue View Post
                          Aiyoh so spoiled lah
                          Oh dear, demue has gone native.

TR not that bad eh ?. Remind me, what airline was it a few weeks ago that was 3 hours late thus allowing time to come for a drink ?.

No idea if my Hot Deal on MI gives me miles or not, but at SGD178 I can live without miles. Besides, there is nowhere to put MI miles anyway. I've given up on KF and don't intend putting any more miles there. Once SQ's loads start picking up again the current KF sales will end and they'll continue on their mission to destroy that as well.

Originally posted by kt74 View Post
                          but travelling to/from the LCCT in KUL is a total PITA, as well as the whole charging-for-luggage thing (which also rules out Jetstar)
                          I haven't flown to or from the LCCT in KUL, and have no wish too anytime soon. The 'extras' they charge for are one of the most annoying things with LCC's.

Comment

I don't mind stumping up extra for flying further up front, but this is a 2 hour flight on an A319/320, so I can't justify SGD 854 over SGD 178. The flight looks quiet throughout as well, so even less reason to fly in J. Another fact to add is MI don't even have any lounge for J class pax to use in BKI either, or they didn't last time I flew there with them. I know I would get lounge access as TPP anyway.
                            Rather glad I didn't bother with paying for J. Nice seat outbound (11A, which is emex seat on MI A319 with no seat in front) and full row to myself coming back due to load of just 32.

I asked about lounge access at BKI and unsurprisingly was told there isn't any, there just still being the (new) MH lounge there. She did say that J class pax get a voucher, so I said OK I'll have one of those then, presuming as TPP (the highest tier MI frequent fliers can earn), one would enjoy this benefit.

Oh no. Voucher is only for J pax, which I confirmed with what looked like the boss at check-in. QPP's and TPP's get nothing. So, not only does flying on with *A Gold get you nothing, it would appear QPP's and TPP's don't fare much better outside SIN.

So, unless the price is competitive, there really isn't much point flying MI on the routes where LCC's compete, as shown by the fact there was three SQTalkers in Sabah last week, and I was the only one who flew there on a full service (if MI can be called that ) airline.

Comment

So, unless the price is competitive, there really isn't much point flying MI on the routes where LCC's compete, as shown by the fact there was three SQTalkers in Sabah last week, and I was the only one who flew there on a full service (if MI can be called that ) airline.
                              All 3 of us combined paid less than you (yes, I'm rubbing it in)

But yes, I agree with you that with the fares that the LCCs are offering now, there's no reason to fly MI
                              Last edited by 9V-JKL; 20 May 2009, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X