Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upcoming Business Class Specials?

Hi Everyone,

Have just discovered this forum and looks great so this is my first post.

I am booked to travel MEL to SGN in August in Y and was considering paying the upgrade to J.
    My concern I guess is that further specials may be released between now and then so am I better waiting?

Am currently booked on a 777-300ER outbound which I cant wait to try, especially if I am going in J.

Thoughts?

Welcome, Chesty.

Were you going to pay for the upgrade to J with KF miles?
    If you are, there is until Sept a 25% discount on the miles required for upgrade.

However, quote:

Only Standard and Full upgrade awards are available for redemption on B777-300ER flights.
    For redemption of upgrades from Business to First Class on B777-300 flights with the same First Class seats that are fitted on B777-300ER flights, only Standard and Full awards are available.
    Only Standard and Full awards for upgrade from Economy to Business are available for redemption on A380 flights. No redemption for upgrade to the Singapore Airlines Suites is available.

unquote.

It seems unlikely that there will be more "miles" specials released in the near future given that SQ just in the last week released 50% discounts on some routes. But given these times, anything can happen.

I'd hazard a guess that there may be a discount in the future for MEL-SIN, but probably not for SIN-SGN.

Also, bear in mind that to only tickets issued in certain classes are eligible for upgrade. The heavily discounted fares eg Sweet Deals and Flexi Saver are not eligible.

Happy to defer to other SQTalkers' collective wisdom.
    F all the way. Settle for J. Usually whY. Sigh.

Comment

Thanks SQ Junkie.

No I was going tp pay with $$. Can get it for around AU$4300 currently to SGN but with the way their loads are at the moment for J and F, thinking that may well drop..

Comment

Already released.

Ah. Sorry for the excess of info.

SQ released business class specials ex-Oz a couple of weeks ago, but they were 2 or more to go. I think they had to be booked thru a TA.

See here: Post #8 from yours truly.

http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6783
        F all the way. Settle for J. Usually whY. Sigh.

Comment

Thanks for that. I booked directly through the website so not sure if its being applied, does not seem to be when I go to change booking.

There are 2 pax so if I can get it great but if not will wait and see...

Comment

i have found business class special fares on the singapore airlines website and you guys have to see this
            its like 25%-50% off the normal ticket prices but the max. stay is for 1 month.
            Book by 31st may 2009
            http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...ions/d04sg.jsp
            I know when you airline bling, that could only mean one thing

Comment

They are great fares, however they are ex SIN. Unfortunately they are not that great ex OZ.

Comment

Working...
              X