Requesting Seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Requesting Seats

In July, I am going to be flying Y class LHR-SIN on the A380 (SQ317).

As I haven't booked through the SIA website, it only lets me select preferred seats.

Could someone please advise me on:

1) Whether I can ring up SIA and request seats. I believe that they will only offer me a choice of aisle or window but will they allow me to request that all the passengers are sitting together or near each other?

2) If I ring up, will they allow me to request seats on the upper deck?

3) What to expect if I select seats through the 48 hour check-in. Is it likely that I will get some seats (window preferred) on the upper deck if I attempt as soon as check-in is available?

Thanks

For the 13 hour flight - the 50 USD a head you'll have to pay will be definitely well spent, especially since you can't actually request specific seats (other than through that preferred seat thingy)

Comment

1) I believe they will help you to link the reservations accordingly. Not sure if they can request for you all to be seated nearby though. If they can do it, I am sure they will help.
      2) Not sure if their system now allows Upper Deck/Main Deck seating request.
      3) It depends on how full your flight is. In my experience aisle seats usually go first.

Agree with SQflyergirl, USD 50 would be well spent to secure preferred seats on long haul flights.

Apologies for not being able to be of much help. Hopefully others can help more.

Comment

Thanks both of you for your help

Aren't enough preferred seats close to each other for all the passengers so I'm going to ring up the agent first (Virgin Holidays) to see if they can request specific seats for us but if not, then I will try my luck with requesting them direct with SIA

Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by anonymouse91 View Post
          Thanks both of you for your help

Aren't enough preferred seats close to each other for all the passengers so I'm going to ring up the agent first (Virgin Holidays) to see if they can request specific seats for us but if not, then I will try my luck with requesting them direct with SIA

Thanks again
          I suggest that you give SIA a call. Ring them up and tell them your request.
          I think your agent can't do much....or they can they still call SIA. So why not call yourself.

Comment

Pls ring SIA and tell them your request. They might not be able to confirm you the seat number....but your request is place in the booking.
            My understanding is airline will open the flight for check-in 2 days before departure (this is the time the staff will do seat editing). Staff will go thru the seat request list and reserve seat for pax. Call SIA (if possible airport office) 2 days before departure date to double check the seat request. I am sure SIA will be happy to meet your request.

In your question nbr 1 => ....will they allow me to request all tha passenger to seat together? Yes, they do allow you to request seat together. If all the booking made in a same reference number, pax will be assign seat together. If diffrent booking number agent need to inform airline that A bkg is travelling with B bkg.
            I am sure any airline will love the assign seat together for their pax. ;-)

Comment

I was going to ring the agent first as I thought that they may be able to get specific seats but I will try ringing SIA instead

Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X