Rant: multi-city booking engine and SIN-KUL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rant: multi-city booking engine and SIN-KUL

OK, SQ lurkers, we know you're out there...

Please would someone fix your multi-city booking engine. Specifically, please can you fix it for KUL. Please can you stop flooding the results with flights that can only be taken at fully flexible economy fare - e.g. SQ codeshares on MH/MI, MI flights, MH flights, in fact anything but the remaining golddust SQ flights on this route. It's like you are begging me to channel my revenue to MH instead of SQ!

Worked example:
    Let's say there is a nice internet-only Flexi Saver fare with plenty of availability between XXX-KUL which allows a stopover in SIN. As soon as you split the trip, e.g. XXX-SIN, SIN-KUL, KUL-XXX, the dumbass multicity booking engine offers a selection of 3-4 completely useless flights on the SIN-KUL sector. It sometimes also refuses to offer some of the cheaper connections it previously offered you when you just asked for XXX-KUL return

What use is your $1 stopover programme if nobody can stop in SIN? You really don't want me to stop over and prop up your rapidly shrinking economy, do you?

I know I've ranted about this before, but SQ truly has the most incompetent booking engine. Ever. Period. Worse than any other Star Alliance carrier. Worse than LH. Worse than UA. Worse, in fact, than TG and TK, and that's saying something...

I feel your pain, kt74.

Nonetheless, as un-funny as the situation is, the sheer articulateness of your rant made me smile.
    Last edited by jjpb3; 20 April 2009, 04:45 AM.
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

another example: currently it's cheaper to fly business than economy for a SIN-Pudong and PEK-SIN open jaw!

Comment

Hi ALL,

SQ website is showing a NEW multi city booking engine. Please try it out and see if it works better than the old one.

Maybe they heard you!!

Comment

Originally posted by SQDoubter View Post
          SQ website is showing a NEW multi city booking engine. Please try it out and see if it works better than the old one.

Maybe they heard you!!
          Much better!!! Definitely a step in the right direction

New engine works better for multi-sector flights with a SIN stopover. Not so great at open jaws, or flights where separate ticketing would be cheaper (e.g. LHR-SIN vv plus a separate SIN-KUL vv - Expedia is great at calculating this, although obviously Expedia doesn't list SQ)

Simple enhancements that might help:
          - choice of metal - SQ, SQ/MI, SQ/other (similar to the LH booking engine, and to force cheaper SQ flights)
          - time of day - not just AM/PM, but more explicit or even just morning/afternoon/evening

Comment

Working...
          X