SYD without A380 from October?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SYD without A380 from October?

The last time saver awards opened for the "holy" new J was on the SIN-MEL route for the 77W. Weeks later the aircraft was substituted with the 772ER.

From October on, there are plenty of saver awards again for the new J, this time on the A380.

Emirates withdrew the Whalejet from JFK - will SQ withdraw from SYD?

I really doubt that SQ would withdraw the WhaleJet from SYD. Where else could SQ deploy it?

Comment

Hmmmm.....maybe through HKG-SFO.

Comment

Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
        SIN-HKG-SFO barely has enough demand for a 777-300ER right now.

Comment

Dude, you gotta quit dreaming. Not going to happen.
          HUGE AL

Comment

Only if the demand for premium cabins picks up. Premium load on USA flights are poor at the moment. Perhaps around the year 2012.

Comment

I can only dream but...

SIN-ICN-YVR

Comment

Originally posted by impresta View Post
                I can only dream but...

SIN-ICN-YVR
                That seems only slightly more likely than hourly WhaleJet service between Changi and Seletar.

Comment

It's very unlikely that SQ will withdraw the 388 from SYD. SQ221/222 is a rather popular flight. The SQ217/218 scenario is quite unlikely, SQ231/232 F & J savers on the 77W were available for 2 weeks in JAN09 before SQ noted the glitch.

Comment

I don't think they'll withdraw it. SQ's got 4 (?) more coming this year or so... plenty to spread the goodness around.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                      SQ's got 4 (?) more coming this year or so... plenty to spread the goodness around.
                      Yes, there are four WhaleJets destined for SQ at Finkenwerder now. Three will be delivered in the next few months and 9V-SKJ will be delivered later this year.

After that, it all depends on the economy. QF just made their WhaleJet deferral announcement. SQ seem to be taking a wait-and-see approach.

Comment

Let's do SIN-CGK on the Whalejet! I can just imagine the time it takes to board all passengers... by the time everyone's on board, the other plane would've made it into SIN.

Comment

Originally posted by zvezda View Post
                          SIN-HKG-SFO barely has enough demand for a 777-300ER right now.
                          Hi! Where do u get the info regarding the load factor?

Comment

Originally posted by andySYD View Post
                            Let's do SIN-CGK on the Whalejet! I can just imagine the time it takes to board all passengers... by the time everyone's on board, the other plane would've made it into SIN.
                            The Indonesian government do not allow SQ to operate anything larger than a 777-300 into CGK. SQ used to operate JumboJets into CGK and the Indonesian government banned them.

Originally posted by KyraPractor View Post
                            From a confidential source.

Comment

Originally posted by KyraPractor View Post
                              Try flying SQ1 and/or 2 frequently, and walk through the plane. Either direction; any day of the week.

Zvezda knows what he's talking about......

Comment

Working...
                              X