No announcement yet.

F on 777-200 vs 300

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think for me I'd be particular as I pay for my F tickets and they're all for leisure, not a company-sponsored business trip for which I think the functinality as opposed to style would suffice for me. And I'm sure these seats meat functionality but are so far away from style.

Probably these seats aren't that bad to most of the people who book them as I'm assuming corporate clients form the bulk of the clientele here.

I dont think SQ could benchmark to the rest of the industry since they are pitched intentionally or otherwise as the best and I'd expect a superior product when I pay so much for an F ticket- more than on the other carriers at least.

Well I'm sure SQ sees them as an embarassment to some extent as well. As SMK pointed out, they dont promote these. Boy would I be disappointed after I read of the First Class products promoted in "Cabin Experience" on their website and I end up with that seat above that looks like it was plucked off grandma's couch!

Well hopefully they all would be replaced with the New First Class soon.

Comment

I actually quite like these old seats. I find them very comfortable to lounge around in. I have only taken an overnight flight with them once (so not a statistically significant sample size) but I found it very comforable to sleep on (although admitedly not as good as a proper lie flat bed). Yes the IFE screen is much smaller than on the new products (not a major issue for me) and the table is very small and when full of dinnerware it is very difficult to get out if you have a call of nature. But the main thing is that no matter what the seat the service is still SQ F service.

I personally perfer the 300 as I find with three rows the cabin feels more spacious.

Comment

Originally posted by concept|infinit View Post
        as I'm assuming corporate clients form the bulk of the clientele here.
        One word of advice here: Don't.

Comment

Originally posted by concept|infinit
          I dont think SQ could benchmark to the rest of the industry since they are pitched intentionally or otherwise as the best and I'd expect a superior product when I pay so much for an F ticket- more than on the other carriers at least.
          Care to elaborate with some examples?
          AFAIK, at least for your much publicized SIN-HKG trip, there are not much (if any?) competition still offering F.

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
            With all due respect, but an ancient product is an ancient product. Period. Why do you think that there is absolutely NO reference on the SQ webpage? They better hide it. The seat is neither comfortable for sitting nor lounging let alone sleeping.

SQ is using the seats for a lot of destinations of six and above hours overnight MEL, DXB and ICN come to mind and that is - again - not acceptable. They can sell those seats as J but not F.

They substituted a 747 with a 777 HKG-SIN and I paid the upfare the day before - I complaint and got a compensation.
            the seat may not be the most aesthetically pleasing when compared to the new F in the 77J, but for sitting, it is still my favorite F seat comfort-wise. i find it to be a great seat for flights less than 5 hours. your views may differ, but to say that they need to hide the seat on the website is pretty laughable. of course they are going to tout their new product, but they are not hiding anything.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
              Care to elaborate with some examples?
              AFAIK, at least for your much publicized SIN-HKG trip, there are not much (if any?) competition still offering F.
              I was thinking more along the lines of the longer routes they use the older products on like Dubai and Moscow.

Okay, I was curious about a number of things and asked some questions ahead of that trip of mine and it being my first trip on SQ in over a decade I was anticipating it for sometime but I didn't intend for it to be "much publicized". Hint noted nonetheless.

Comment

Originally posted by concept|infinit View Post
                I was thinking more along the lines of the longer routes they use the older products on like Dubai and Moscow.
                Many considerations are done by SQ (and many other airlines) before they place a product on any particular route: length of the journey, comfort of the products they offer, what the competitions are offering on the route. While SQ is usually quite responsive to the market situation, there may sometimes be a lag where a less desirable product is still in the market before the next one is up on offer.

It has already been established that SQ is in the process of renewing its regional J and F products. Routes like Dubai and Moscow will eventually get them.

To say the current first class seats look like a 'larger, more padded' economy class seat is beyond me. Seat pitch is double at 64" on the 773s, width quite a bit larger too.

For many regional routes SQ uses these on, these are perfectly adequate. I am talking about HKG, BKK, CGK, KUL, PEN. For longer regionals, SQ either deploy aircraft with long haul products or mixed (some flights with long haul & some with regional products) e.g., NRT, ICN, SYD.

Okay, I was curious about a number of things and asked some questions ahead of that trip of mine and it being my first trip on SQ in over a decade I was anticipating it for sometime but I didn't intend for it to be "much publicized".
                Don't get me wrong, excitement is a good thing and we more than welcome your questions ahead of that first trip in a decade of yours (after some searching on the forum, of course ) - we are more than happy to help, whenever we can.

But to be honest, I have never seen so many reminders of 'paid' and 'F' nature of one's upcoming trip (in many different threads) whilst at the same time generalizing that most don't pay for their trips here.

Hint noted nonetheless.
                Excellent.

Comment

back to the original topic, i decided to go ahead and redeem a return F ticket to china, so that's the old product for me.

had considered going elsewhere on a new F product, but felt that having tried the new J, the incremental difference in the physical product is not worth forking out much, much more in miles and/or cash.

i just wanted to try the F service and catering for the first time, as a a birthday present for myself... hope i won't be disappointed!

Comment

Working...
                  X