SQ B777 withdrawal thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nick C View Post
    SQ knows you like the tatty 747s very much. As such it is extending the privilege of travelling onboard to you for a much longer period instead of swapping it to another aircraft.
    Hahaha I do love the 747 i feel that sq older

I mean i feel that their older aircrafts has more built interior like much better quality then the newer ones
    Last edited by jjpb3; 26 January 2010, 01:15 AM. Reason: merge posts

Comment

Originally posted by nursalimLPP View Post
      Hahaha I do love the 747 i feel that sq older

I mean i feel that their older aircrafts has more built interior like much better quality then the newer ones
      I agree. I managed to get hold of 9V-SQA in the 50th anniv. colours from Phoenix 400. Sad to see her go.
      The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

I really liked the 50th anniversary colour scheme and the way the "jubilee" title was so prominent.

Comment

Bangladesh Biman announces today delivery of another 777, and a 3rd expected next month. All expected to be ex-SIA. Any info ?

/A

Comment

Originally posted by aerotransport View Post
            Bangladesh Biman announces today delivery of another 777, and a 3rd expected next month. All expected to be ex-SIA. Any info ?

/A
            Biman has only received 1 777 from SQ to date. Euro Atlantic deal only covers 2 777s from SQ.

Comment

Are there any other 772s leaving the fleet soon? I thought I saw one in the hangar with the Singapore Airlines fonts off. Bound to leave soon or is it adopting the larger, newer style?

Comment

Originally posted by BigTop View Post
                Are there any other 772s leaving the fleet soon? I thought I saw one in the hangar with the Singapore Airlines fonts off. Bound to leave soon or is it adopting the larger, newer style?
                9V-SRB, as previously mentioned................

Comment

Makes me wonder: Is SQ keeping it a "secret" that some 777s are leaving the fleet? Never seen any official announcement before.

Comment

Have unconfirmed news that ex-9V-SRA would be paying its former home a visit on Monday. BG is scheduled to bring in the bird on its BG 84 flight to SIN this Monday.

Comment

• Any 777 being retired soon? I can only confirm SQA in storage. I did see last week when I flew in on work a few aircraft parked near the budget terminals with their cockpit windows covered and the engines wrapped in plastic. Storage in Singapore under such humid conditions?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bitterroot View Post
                        9V-SRB, as previously mentioned................
                        SRB still flying! Saw it on my way in last week!

Comment

• The a/c parked on long term near the budget terminal is the Jett8 B742. One of its engines has been removed and it has been parked there for the past few months. The SQ a/cs are parked at the remote stands near the catering center and are there for a short time before being towed for commercial flights.

Comment

• Originally posted by boing View Post
                            The a/c parked on long term near the budget terminal is the Jett8 B742
                            That bird is an awful eyesore. Hope they take it away somewhere instead of just leaving it there.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                              That bird is an awful eyesore. Hope they take it away somewhere instead of just leaving it there.
                              They would if they could. The No 3 engine was badly damaged some time back and the last time I checked, they were still looking for an engine. But with the age of the a/c and the acquisition costs and the related maintenance costs of an engine at that age, I expect it to be scrapped soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by boing View Post
                                The a/c parked on long term near the budget terminal is the Jett8 B742. One of its engines has been removed and it has been parked there for the past few months.
                                I wondered what was going on with that thing, did the damage to the engine happen while it was on the ground at Changi ?.

Comment

Working...
                                X