SQ B777 withdrawal thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
    Are you sure if you'd know if you were on SRL? Let's wait to see if it flies to BKK again and then we'll have enough evidence.

Your statement doesn't even make sense SQ228.

Is this picture enough proof for you Sir? Unfortunately SRL doesn't have PEY cabin.

Comment

• Originally posted by vasqflyer View Post
      There are 3 A330s that would be older than 6 years so it will be interesting to see if they all leave the fleet and the new 787s just replace them or if they stay longer with more of the old 777s leaving.

The old 777-300s are also interesting - there are only 5 remaining and some are still only 12.5 years old while others are over 16.
      I think the A330s will go. The early STx series seem to not have had their J cabin reupholstered, while i've been on quite a few 772s that now sport the dark brown leather. To me this is an indication that they are here to stay a few more years.

Would be interesting to see if the 773s get their J cabin reupholstered too.. Wouldn't it be nice if they put in the 8Fs from the 77WNs into the 773s??

Comment

• Originally posted by pokfur View Post
        I think the A330s will go. The early STx series seem to not have had their J cabin reupholstered, while i've been on quite a few 772s that now sport the dark brown leather. To me this is an indication that they are here to stay a few more years.
        Just flew on STB (2nd oldest A330 in the fleet) last week and the J seats were reupholstered in dark brown leather.

Review to come soon.
        My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

SRL doesn't have PEY cabin.
          How about 3D maps?

Comment

Is this picture enough proof for you Sir? Unfortunately SRL doesn't have PEY cabin.
            Don't you scare me, pokfur. This pic seems to have originated from a decade ago!

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
              How about 3D maps?
              I heard that one of the unpublished LPPS benefits is that when flying SRL, they will be given supplies (cardboard, paper, glue and a largely unusable pen-knife) to build a diaroma of the flight path. Is that true?
              Last edited by 259850; 25 October 2017, 10:12 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 259850 View Post
                I heard that one of the unpublished LPPS benefits is that when flying SRL, they will be given supplies (cardboard, paper, glue and a largely unusable pen-knife) to build a diaroma of the flight path. Is that true?
                Comment of the year!!!

Comment

• fyi guys, SQN & SRO are in the same upgraded cabin as SRM & SQK.

looks like they're moving ahead to refit all the 772Rs..SQM should emerge that way soon since it's been away for awhile.

i love those 772R craft cos they're just so spacious compared to the newer fellas. about to clock my 100th flight in one of them (since 2010 when they were refitted) next week en-route to HKG.
                  but i really wonder with their new refits, how long more SQ plans to keep them. another 5 years?

Comment

• Originally posted by ell3 View Post
                    fyi guys, SQN & SRO are in the same upgraded cabin as SRM & SQK.

looks like they're moving ahead to refit all the 772Rs..SQM should emerge that way soon since it's been away for awhile.

i love those 772R craft cos they're just so spacious compared to the newer fellas. about to clock my 100th flight in one of them (since 2010 when they were refitted) next week en-route to HKG.
                    but i really wonder with their new refits, how long more SQ plans to keep them. another 5 years?
                    SQN spent ages out of service and then returned, so I had suspected it was possibly being upgraded.

Are you confirming here the IFE from a 77W and the Y cabin seats as well? Just checking because in some cases it's just the leather in J.

Comment

There is talk in other threads that there will be no regional A350s. If that's the case, the 777s will stick around longer, to be replaced by the 787-10s. The speed at which this gets done also depends on the A330 lease expiry schedule. So some of these aircraft might be around for another 3 years.

Comment

• the recently upgraded 772s will definitely be around for the next 4 to possibly even 5 years.

Comment

• Update: The oldest plane in the fleet is back in service. SVB performed a flight test 3 days ago and is back on flights that receive the SV* series 772.

Comment

• Flew SVF and the glorious spacebed yesterday. The bird is in a terrible condition with the padding of the seat detached, foot rest impossible to keep stowed and seat controls not working. As bad as it is it looks even worse in the wake of such a new product release when you look at the things they keep flying!

Comment

• Originally posted by Spaniard View Post
                              Flew SVF and the glorious spacebed yesterday. The bird is in a terrible condition with the padding of the seat detached, foot rest impossible to keep stowed and seat controls not working. As bad as it is it looks even worse in the wake of such a new product release when you look at the things they keep flying!
                              I still remember the first time I flew on a spacebed seat. It was LHR-SIN probably in 2002 or 2003. I slept very well on that flight.

Less than 6 months to go for SRL and SVF, and given their relatively fixed routines, easy to avoid. I must admit though that SQ921 is the best-timed flight for a return from MNL. Good thing I don't fly there anymore.

Comment

fyi guys, SQN & SRO are in the same upgraded cabin as SRM & SQK.

Great to hear. But the 773s (except SYH and SYI) have not been fitted with the ex-77W hand-me-downs. This makes sense since they don't want these old seats to go to waste.

Comment

Working...
                                X