No announcement yet.

SQ B777 withdrawal thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a hard time understanding what happened now. 9V-SWS is back flying as SQ828/831 when in reality I assumed it was undergoing refit to 77WR. Consequently, 9V-SWE hasn't been flying since Thursday, so I am assuming it is under either a 77WR refit or a regular maintenance.

Something tells me SQ is satisfied with the number of 77WR they have now that covers all routes and aren't hesitating to swap planes when one of them is in maintenance. Hope that when JNB comes in the mix they are prepared for at least 2 frames on that route. This is nearly the exact same thing they did with 9V-SWQ. I don't know what's going on, really.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
      I have a hard time understanding what happened now. 9V-SWS is back flying as SQ828/831 when in reality I assumed it was undergoing refit to 77WR. Consequently, 9V-SWE hasn't been flying since Thursday, so I am assuming it is under either a 77WR refit or a regular maintenance.

Something tells me SQ is satisfied with the number of 77WR they have now that covers all routes and aren't hesitating to swap planes when one of them is in maintenance. Hope that when JNB comes in the mix they are prepared for at least 2 frames on that route. This is nearly the exact same thing they did with 9V-SWQ. I don't know what's going on, really.
      See the other thread: SQ PE -- Now Officially Launched

Comment

• 9V-SVH on her way to VCV

Comment

• Just logged in to manage my booking from IST-SIN on 25/06 and saw this seatmap. Looks like the J-class cabin for this flight has been changed to spacebed?! gulps. Are the oldest 777-200ERs now back on SQ391??

Comment

• Originally posted by gumption View Post
            Just logged in to manage my booking from IST-SIN on 25/06 and saw this seatmap. Looks like the J-class cabin for this flight has been changed to spacebed?! gulps. Are the oldest 777-200ERs now back on SQ391??
            Well there's only one of those craft left- 9V-SVF. Normally it's confined to BKK, MLE and the like. Sometimes it does fly further afield but I would have thought only when one of the refitted ones breaks down unexpectedly. IST may be going daily, but I would have thought they'd have enough craft to cover that. Perhaps not...

Comment

• anymore known 772 movements on the horizon?

Comment

• Originally posted by ell3 View Post
                anymore known 772 movements on the horizon?
                Nope. All planned departures from the fleet between now and next March are returns to lessors, which means more A330s leaving and apparently one 773, probably 9V-SYL but that is just a guess. All the current 772s are owned by SQ and they're not going anywhere for at least 6 months.

Comment

• The 773 is likely to be SYG.

Comment

• Originally posted by a340-313x View Post
                    The 773 is likely to be SYG.
                    Do we know or suspect it is leased? Other than SYK, there's been no known ownership information on the 773s available before.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                      Do we know or suspect it is leased? Other than SYK, there's been no known ownership information on the 773s available before.
                      This s may help http://www.airfleets.net/flottecie/S...20Airlines.htm

Comment

• Originally posted by alian View Post
                        Seems to be the same information as planespotters, only less complete. Leasing arrangements on both sites are recorded as remarks and neither site has any remarks for the remaining 773s. That's why I'm wondering if anyone here has specific knowledge of which 773 may be leased because none of the publicly accessible sites seem to record anything.

Comment

• anyone knows what happened to SRM again? out of service for a month. it was out of service for quite awhile too not so long ago and i believe that was when they upgraded the IFEs. wonder what's going on with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by ell3 View Post
                            anyone knows what happened to SRM again? out of service for a month. it was out of service for quite awhile too not so long ago and i believe that was when they upgraded the IFEs. wonder what's going on with it.
                            The plane equivalent of a hip replacement? Keep the old girl working until 85 in 'plane years'.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                              The plane equivalent of a hip replacement? Keep the old girl working until 85 in 'plane years'.
                              Haha ... Good one. Maybe SIA should return to giving their planes name like in the past. The 772s will be called the golden girls

If I'm not wrong the 772s were given the name Jubilee well I guess it is Golden Jubilee now
                              Last edited by alian; 10 September 2016, 01:51 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by alian View Post
                                Haha ... Good one. Maybe SIA should return to giving their planes name like in the past. The 772s will be called the golden girls

If I'm not wrong the 772s were given the name Jubilee well I guess it is Golden Jubilee now
                                I'd pay double for a flight if sitting next to Betty White was part of the deal!

Comment

Working...
                                X