SQ B777 withdrawal thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jaywell View Post
    My guess is that SRM is probably being returned to its lessor.
    9V-SRM is not leased IIRC. Perhaps a maintenance overhaul? Wouldn't make sense for them to retire it now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom/PER View Post
      Sorry to crash the party but what's the update with the Scoot B777's.

-OTA has already left the fleet and is stored in the US, but are -OTB and -OTE still parked somewhere at Changi? Not seen any reports of these 2 flying recently.

TZ are down to just 2 active B777's being -OTC and -OTD now.
      9V-OTB is on its way, on Tues 7/7/2015, to Victorville as SCO9152 for storage.
      http://www.flightradar24.com/SCO9152

Comment

• I believe that 9V-SRM has been withdrawn from use, with no activity for the past month. Can anyone confirm this?

Comment

I believe that 9V-SRM has been withdrawn from use, with no activity for the past month. Can anyone confirm this?
          I don't think she's withdrawn, no other 772Rs are slated for retirement for awhile. But im also wondering what they're doing with SRM. She was out of service mid-april thru early June, then came back for a week or so, but has been idle since 17 June.
          Any insiders got info? I've got a bit of attachment to that craft..spent a lot of time on SRM flying to HKG and PVG the past few years!

Comment

• Originally posted by ell3 View Post
            I don't think she's withdrawn, no other 772Rs are slated for retirement for awhile. But im also wondering what they're doing with SRM. She was out of service mid-april thru early June, then came back for a week or so, but has been idle since 17 June.
            Any insiders got info? I've got a bit of attachment to that craft..spent a lot of time on SRM flying to HKG and PVG the past few years!
            I was thinking that if SRM had not been withdrawn from use, it was most likely undergoing a major maintenance overhaul (D Check) which takes around 1-2 months to complete. But with the irregular flying patterns you've mentioned, could there be a more serious problem with the airframe? It's unusual for a plane to be inactive for a few months, re-enter service for a week and be taken out of service again.

Comment

• Maybe as some in this thread have suggested..they're trying out the ex-77W seats..rolled it out for awhile after the initial installation, found some issues and now back in the hanger. Makes sense..cos SRM went it as SWJ came out after its refit. Haven't seen SRM parked around the apron. We'll need some others to fill us in on this one I gguess.

Comment

• ok, as we speak...SRM is alive again. just did SQ502 to BLR.

Comment

• I still can't see how any kind of refit to older craft would be happening right now. They've got such an intense, tight and increasingly overdue refit program with the 77Ws to get going with as well as installing PY class on the A380s. They can't afford to be removing other older craft from service, even if they are no more than a backup option when the unexpected arises. Once all the 77W are refitted, then that would offer the opportunity to try out things, IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                    I still can't see how any kind of refit to older craft would be happening right now. They've got such an intense, tight and increasingly overdue refit program with the 77Ws to get going with as well as installing PY class on the A380s. They can't afford to be removing other older craft from service, even if they are no more than a backup option when the unexpected arises. Once all the 77W are refitted, then that would offer the opportunity to try out things, IMO.
                    And on top of that, SQ needs the 772s and 773s freed up as spares while the 77Ws and A380s are being refitted. Things can likely go wrong and aircraft swaps are bound to happen.

Comment

Maybe as some in this thread have suggested..they're trying out the ex-77W seats..rolled it out for awhile after the initial installation, found some issues and now back in the hanger. Makes sense..cos SRM went it as SWJ came out after its refit. Haven't seen SRM parked around the apron. We'll need some others to fill us in on this one I gguess.
                      Same old products - http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14804

Comment

And on top of that, SQ needs the 772s and 773s freed up as spares while the 77Ws and A380s are being refitted. Things can likely go wrong and aircraft swaps are bound to happen.
                        good point by SQ228, though it seems they have a good supply of 772Rs and even the purple 772s that seem to be much less utilized these days. it feels as if the fleet is "flooded" with 333s.

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                          The thread starter said he took 9V-SQM.

Still not sure about 9V-SRM yet...

Comment

• Originally posted by orionmiz View Post
                            The thread starter said he took 9V-SQM.

Still not sure about 9V-SRM yet...
                            Apologies.

But it still wouldn't have happened. The evidence against this refit is stronger than supporting it.

Comment

• now we've got 9V-SQJ missing. but guessing just the usual maintenance.

Comment

now we've got 9V-SQJ missing. but guessing just the usual maintenance.
                                Most likely. It seems like the 772 fleet is going through some sort of fleet maintenance program with SRM just re-entering service slightly over a week ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X