SQ B777 withdrawal thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jaywell View Post
    None of the above are being refitted in any way shape or form. The number of Y seats coming off 19 refitted 777W's won't be enough to refit 19 772's, 77E's, and 773's. In addition to that, these airframes will be retired within the next 3-5 years, so there's no point in doing a second refit.
    Jaywell, don't forget we also have A333 retiring as well which they the 2006 J and Y product can be refitted onto B772 and B773s.

If these aircrafts are not retiring until 3 - 5 years time then I believe it should have enough time for you to do a mid-life refresh on the product to enhance customer experience.

Negative. 9 72Rs, 6 72Js and 4 73As will be retrofitted with the 2006 Y seats coming off from the 77W refits.
    What is 72R and 72J btw?

What I see here is constantly conflicting comments about whether these old aircrafts will be refitted or not. Is it possible that we can see some official words about this for those who are positive about that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Metropolitan Airlines View Post
      Jaywell, don't forget we also have A333 retiring as well which they the 2006 J and Y product can be refitted onto B772 and B773s.
      I believe that the A330 Y seats are different and are not compatible with the ones on the 777's. It won't be able to fit.

Comment

What is 72R and 72J btw?
        72R = the nine regional 772, SQx and SRx, that have the regional J seats similar to the A330s

72J = the 772ER in the SVx series that have the 2006 J

73A = the non-ER 773s in the SYx series.

Comment

If these aircrafts are not retiring until 3 - 5 years time then I believe it should have enough time for you to do a mid-life refresh on the product to enhance customer experience.
          Yes if retirement is 3-5 years down the road, I think it is worth it to give it a new lease of life, especially since the old products are really atrocious.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bitterroot View Post
            72R = the nine regional 772, SQx and SRx, that have the regional J seats similar to the A330s

72J = the 772ER in the SVx series that have the 2006 J

73A = the non-ER 773s in the SYx series.
            Bitterroot, do you have any info on the regs scheduled for the refit?

Comment

What I see here is constantly conflicting comments about whether these old aircrafts will be refitted or not. Is it possible that we can see some official words about this for those who are positive about that?
              If these aircraft were to be refitted, SQ would have already announced something, if not to everyone at least an e-mail to KrisFlyer members. So far, I've received nothing. And I got the retirement dates mixed up in my previous comment. I originally predicted 3-5 years but I think it's closer to 1-2 years with the A350-900's entering service next year to replace the 777-200's.

Comment

• Originally posted by fsjz View Post
                bitterroot, do you have any info on the regs scheduled for the refit?
                72r - srm, sqk, sqj, sql, sqm, sqn, sro, srp, srq

72j - svl, svi, svj, svm, svn, svg

73r - syh, syi, syj, syl

Comment

• Originally posted by sq_a380 View Post

73r - syh, syi, syj, syl
                  Alright that was helpful. Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by sq_a380 View Post

73r - syh, syi, syj, syl
                    May I ask where you got this info from?
                    Last edited by jaywell; 25 June 2015, 02:38 PM. Reason: spelling error

Comment

May I ask where you got this info from?
                      It's fairly well known within the airline.
                      The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

• SQJ and SVG have both already had their 13th birthday. They wouldn't want to waste much time refitting them!

Comment

• Does anyone actually have a credible source to say they are being refitted again?

Comment

• How reliable are current seat maps for determining when certain planes will be retired? Currently the flights for a planned February trip of mine are still showing that SRJ and SRL will still be in use then...

Comment

• I believe that 9V-SRM has been withdrawn from use, with no activity for the past week. I didn't expect SQ to retire any more "refitted" 772's until next year, especially with the old ones with the blue and purple interiors still in use. My guess is that SRM is probably being returned to its lessor.

Comment

My guess is that SRM is probably being returned to its lessor.
                                And who is that?
                                The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

Working...
                                X