SQ B777 withdrawal thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
    Not bashing SQ, but I don't think SQ even maintains or cleans the retrofitted ones very well. Just flew less than a couple of weeks ago on SVE to Cape Town and the IFE system at my row of 3 seats kept skipping when movies are played, even after the stewardess rebooted them.
    how was the IFE system? Is it still the old one. This is my only complaint for 772/773. (On such a long flight, such as CPH, I think this is one of the most important aspect). And I do agree that the old Y seat is a lot better than the new Y seat. Not sure about long-haul J since the last time I use J for long-haul was when SQ used 744 on LHR routes. I used new regional J on A333 SIN-PER 3 years ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bitterroot View Post
      Not true. Still flying for SQ......................
      It did only a couple of days work and has been out of action again almost a week now.

Also SRH has been on the ground nearly a fortnight now and the start date for A330 flights to DPS draws closer.

Comment

• What's up with HAN? I see the a/c go from 333 to recliner seats 772 for the week I'm intending to travel! Noooo! TG isn't much better either

Comment

• Originally posted by kaysquare View Post
          What's up with HAN? I see the a/c go from 333 to recliner seats 772 for the week I'm intending to travel! Noooo! TG isn't much better either
          Where did you see that and from when?

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
            Where did you see that and from when?
            On SQ booking website with sample booking and Expertflyer. They show SINHAN 333 and HANSIN 772. Checking seatmaps indicate 232 in J so it means recliner seats.

Comment

• Originally posted by kaysquare View Post
              On SQ booking website with sample booking and Expertflyer. They show SINHAN 333 and HANSIN 772. Checking seatmaps indicate 232 in J so it means recliner seats.
              Yes, that clearly narrows it down to one the remaining SR* non-refits, of which only 3 now seem to be in service. I suspected that a sudden announcement that 4 daily DPS flights were going A330 from mid-Dec would mean there were victims that would end up copping the old craft until later phase-out. Looks like we've found one of them- HAN.

But as well as the DPS operational change, SYD, MEL, BNE and ADL are all getting extra A330 flights over the Dec/Jan holiday period, so those craft have to come from somewhere too.

Looks like we'll be seeing a lot of operational shifts in the coming month.

Comment

• 9V-SRH has been out of action for 3 weeks now. It's probably pretty safe to assume they're not doing major upgrade work to a plane they are letting go of by March next year. This reduces purple cabins to 7 in total and sees the only remaining non-AVOD gone from the fleet.

SRH was also the oldest craft in service at 13.5 years according to planespotters. The eldest plane title now goes to SVB which arrived 2 months later in 2001, followed by SVC which arrived a couple of weeks after that.

As these are both refits and still desperately needed in service for the long-hauls they perform, it's fairly safe to say SVB will hold this crown for a while yet. Any new 77Ws arriving will essentially be replacing the non-refit SV* series first.

Comment

• SRK has now been taken out of service as well leaving only SRJ and SRL flying. About half of DPS flights are currently being flown by non-refit SV* series 772s. Only a week or so to go until all DPS go A330.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                    SRK has now been taken out of service as well leaving only SRJ and SRL flying. About half of DPS flights are currently being flown by non-refit SV* series 772s. Only a week or so to go until all DPS go A330.
                    SRK still flying for SQ as of 07 December...........

Comment

• SRJ, SRK, SRL now performing some Bangkok, Manila, Hanoi and Saigon flights....

Comment

• Originally posted by Bitterroot View Post
                        SRJ, SRK, SRL now performing some Bangkok, Manila, Hanoi and Saigon flights....
                        Yes, I think they must have realised that pulling the old planes off DPS for A330s would create a seat deficit, so it had to all be done at once with the SilkAir flight added.

Lucky destinations who used to have an A330 but now get an SR* purple cabin. The only good news for them is that the last non-AVOD 772 is now out of service.

Once the extra Australian A330 flights for Dec/Jan end and 9V-SSE arrives, that should hopefully spell the end of SRJ-L set.

Comment

• FYI if it helps.

Singapore Airlines W15 Bangkok Operational Aircraft Changes as of 12DEC14

all 5 daily service will be operated by A330-300 only, replacing 4 daily A330 and 1 daily Boeing 777...
                          http://airlineroute.net/2014/12/12/sq-bkk-w15update1/
                          The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

• Seems like SRJ/K/L will now be relegated to HAN and some BKK/MNL/SGN flights.

As for SVF/H/K/O, they are mainly used for AKL (to be replaced by NZ soon), MLE , some MNL and the odd IST flights.
                            Last edited by ycp81; 17 December 2014, 11:22 PM.
                            My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

• I noticed while reading the SilverKris mag on my way back from LHR that there was only 10 refitted 777-200's from 11 I believe. Anyone know which one was decommissioned and why SQ would retire a refitted 772 over the three unrefitted ones? I'm hoping that my flight to CGK (SQ956) in three weeks time won't be affected by this.
                              Last edited by jn1; 3 January 2015, 12:28 AM. Reason: Left out part of sentence

Comment

• Originally posted by jn1 View Post
                                I noticed while reading the SilverKris mag on my way back from LHR that there was only 10 refitted 777-200's from 11 I believe. Anyone know which one was decommissioned and why SQ would retire a refitted 772 over the three unrefitted ones? I'm hoping that my flight to CGK (SQ956) in three weeks time won't be affected by this.
                                The original announcement regarding the 772ER refit said that 11 planes would be refitted, however the eleventh refit never happened. The most logical reason for this is that when the announcement was made, AKL flights SQ281/2 were included in the list of flights to receive the refitted planes, however since then the deal with NZ was struck which will see NZ take over this flight pair in return for allowing SQ to operate SQ285/6 with an A380. So far, the only planes leaving the fleet have been ones with purple cabins.

I'm afraid I'm mystified as to how the 772ER refit program would affect a flight to CGK normally scheduled to be flown by a 773 or A330 craft.

Comment

Working...
                                X