No announcement yet.

SQ B777 withdrawal thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I'm safe in calling this one now- SRF has left the building. Well over a fortnight since it showed any activity and up until then it was off and on.

The next one I'm watching closely is SVO. It's been noted here before that it is a leased aircraft and the reports have indicated that a 777 is due to be returned to the lessor. It only sees use off and on presently.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
      I think I'm safe in calling this one now- SRF has left the building. Well over a fortnight since it showed any activity and up until then it was off and on.

The next one I'm watching closely is SVO. It's been noted here before that it is a leased aircraft and the reports have indicated that a 777 is due to be returned to the lessor. It only sees use off and on presently.
      9V-SRF departed this afternoon at 1406 (SIN-DMK). Aircraft will be 1 of 3 B777-200ERs of NokScoot.
      Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• Updates on 9V-SVA and 9V-SVD.

9V-SVA is back in SIN. My flight taxied past it heading to take off this morning. Still in Brunei livery but now clearly marked 9V-SVA. Almost got a pic but fumbled with the iPhone a second too long...

There was another plane in Brunei livery with the tail insignia patched over. I couldn't get a view of the registration but it stands to reason it would have been 9V-SVD as all other SV* leased craft are now accounted for and re-SQed on the outside.

In terms of what happens to them, I can't see them becoming temporary Scooters because they just don't have enough seats in them compared with the SR* series. Scoot wants max. seats and switched off IFE, so the old SR's are ideal. With two A330s on the verge of arriving and the existing unrefitted SV* series sitting around seeing only partial use, my guess is they aren't worth the effort of repainting.

Comment

In terms of what happens to them, I can't see them becoming temporary Scooters because they just don't have enough seats in them compared with the SR* series.
          I was under the impression Scoot wasn't going to grow their fleet until the 787s arrive. Perhaps they will go to NokScoot?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jumbojet Lover View Post
            I was under the impression Scoot wasn't going to grow their fleet until the 787s arrive. Perhaps they will go to NokScoot?
            Ahh, therein lies the problem of my misunderstanding... I have no idea what Nok means and NokScoot isn't a registered airline. Translation anyone?

Comment

Ahh, therein lies the problem of my misunderstanding... I have no idea what Nok means and NokScoot isn't a registered airline. Translation anyone?
              Nok Air is an LCC in Thailand owned by Thai Airways. NokScoot is a JV between Scoot and Nok for long haul LCC services out of Don Mueang. NokScoot hasn't started operations.
              The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

• Originally posted by viraj735 View Post
                Nok Air is an LCC in Thailand owned by Thai Airways. NokScoot is a JV between Scoot and Nok for long haul LCC services out of Don Mueang. NokScoot hasn't started operations.
                I thought it was some kind of local slang term used in Singapore! You mean there is seriously going to be an airline called "NokScoot"? That's so hilarious I can't even imagine the emoticon I'd need to represent my laughter...

Comment

Nok is the Thai word for "bird".

Comment

• More info here - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NokScoot

Comment

• 9V-SRK

I just flew 9V-SRK yesterday, operating SQ915 MNL-SIN.

I was surprised to find that this was a non-refitted 772 with 2-3-2 Ultimo-style J seating, and the old blue Y seats in 3-3-3.

it was a very well maintained aircraft and the interiors looked fine.

May I know how many of the non-refitted aircraft remain in the fleet?

Comment

• 9V-SRH, J, K, L I believe. SRH being the only one without AVOD I believe.
                        The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

• Originally posted by viraj735 View Post
                          9V-SRH, J, K, L I believe. SRH being the only one without AVOD I believe.
                          Thanks, viraj735!

9V-SRK had full AVOD. Although it was the old, small 4:3 format screen , the picture quality was good, and the IFE software looks to have been updated, so the UI was quite responsive.

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
                            9V-SRF departed this afternoon at 1406 (SIN-DMK). Aircraft will be 1 of 3 B777-200ERs of NokScoot.
                            SRF is now HS-XBA, a picture can be seen here - http://www.airliners.net/photo/Pete-...6bcc47794ab3c5

Comment

• 9V-SVH has been out of action well over a week now. If this 772ER were to go it'd join SVA and SVD in storage.

SVJ has also been out of action for a long while, but it would be unlikely for a plane that has been refitted to then be taken out of service.

Comment

9V-SVH has been out of action well over a week now. If this 772ER were to go it'd join SVA and SVD in storage.
                                You spoke too soon. SVH flew to JNB last night.

Comment

Working...
                                X