Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hjerapa View Post
    so SQF will be scrapped ?
    Most likely. The high number of cycles as well as the fact that it is 15.5 years old means that the resale value is quite low, so it is better off being scrapped for spare parts

Comment

so SQF will be scrapped ?
      Your dream day is edging closer I think!

From Sunday, the 773 service to/from HKG is set to be replaced by an A380, which will probably be the gap needed in the 773 rotations to put SQF out of service. If you check some of the regular SIN-CGK-SIN flights that SQF normally does over the last few days, a number of them have been flown by the SY* series.

I would bet on SQF being gone by the end of this month, but then I'm not a gambler...
      Last edited by SQ228; 25 October 2013, 01:04 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post

From Sunday, the 773 service to/from HKG is set to be replaced by an A380, which will probably be the gap needed in the 773 rotations to put SQF out of service. If you check some of the regular SIN-CGK-SIN flights that SQF normally does over the last few days, a number of them have been flown by the SY* series.

I would bet on SQF being gone by the end of this month, but then I'm not a gambler...

Finally Yay !!

Comment

It should be its because its time's up for SQF that the SY* is taking over its flights, and not because its down for yet another patch repair right ?

Comment

• Seems like SQ950/958/966 is still operated by 772 with three class config - as First is still sold, as far as KVS shows in this new season.

Michael

Comment

• Originally posted by eamond View Post
              Seems like SQ950/958/966 is still operated by 772 with three class config - as First is still sold, as far as KVS shows in this new season.

Michael
              Yep, which is why any other 772 or an A330 can't replace SQF.

But the 773 SY* series can because they have an F cabin

Comment

Yep, which is why any other 772 or an A330 can't replace SQF.

But the 773 SY* series can because they have an F cabin
                Fingers Crossed ! Feel so cheated flying J class on that route otherwise !

Comment

Fingers Crossed ! Feel so cheated flying J class on that route otherwise !
                  SQF still doing its daily 3x to CGK. Where did the 773 from HKG rotation go? Maybe there'll be a charity last regional F flight on SQF.......

Comment

• Originally posted by 259850 View Post
                    SQF still doing its daily 3x to CGK. Where did the 773 from HKG rotation go? Maybe there'll be a charity last regional F flight on SQF.......
                    Yep, you are absolutely right. When I bothered to check iCargo, SQF is still doing 3x daily. SQ950/958/966 out of SIN.

Seriously, this is why flightradar24 is complete rubbish and should be ignored. It shows all kinds of planes on the three flights in question instead of constant SQF over the last three days. SYF, SWH, SVN, SYH... I was still using it for info, still thinking it might be just slightly accurate.

"Flightradar24- Intended for novelty purposes only!"

Comment

Yep, you are absolutely right. When I bothered to check iCargo, SQF is still doing 3x daily. SQ950/958/966 out of SIN.

Seriously, this is why flightradar24 is complete rubbish and should be ignored. It shows all kinds of planes on the three flights in question instead of constant SQF over the last three days. SYF, SWH, SVN, SYH... I was still using it for info, still thinking it might be just slightly accurate.

"Flightradar24- Intended for novelty purposes only!"
                      ohhhhh oh well....more waiting...

Comment

• For anyone who's interested, SRG seems to became 9V-OTF for Scoot.

SQF still has the hope to go to Scoot before December's service increase, though.

Mik

Comment

• Something has happened with 9V-SRH in SGN

It headed off to SGN as SQ172 on Friday morning but didn't return as SQ173

773 SYJ was sent over to SGN to fly back as SQ173 arriving back in SIN 7 hours late. It appears from flight records that SRH may have returned empty to SIN.

Comment

• Scrap SQF when airlines like BA have 23-24 year-old 744s still flying (like the one that smacked into a building at JNB)? Cycles count, but 15 years is the average fleet age for MANY airlines. And there are many 737s, A320s. MD80s etc that are 25-30 years old that probably have many more cycles than SQF, still in service. Are 777s designed with high hours but low cycles?

Anyway, SQG was scrapped according to planespotters and I guess SQF will be scrapped as well. So far, 2 1995 772s have been scrapped, one UA the other BA. SQG appears to be the first 772ER to be scrapped.
                            Last edited by Russ; 30 December 2013, 08:29 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Russ View Post
                              Scrap SQF when airlines like BA have 23-24 year-old 744s still flying (like the one that smacked into a building at JNB)? Cycles count, but 15 years is the average fleet age for MANY airlines. And there are many 737s, A320s. MD80s etc that are 25-30 years old that probably have many more cycles than SQF, still in service. Are 777s designed with high hours but low cycles?

Anyway, SQG was scrapped according to planespotters and I guess SQF will be scrapped as well. So far, 2 1995 772s have been scrapped, one UA the other BA. SQG appears to be the first 772ER to be scrapped.
                              Although SQG was 772ER when it was built, it was de-rated and used for local short-hauls in its recent years (to the best of my knowledge), which could explain why it was scrapped I suppose. Although SQF cops a lot of flack in this thread, all of it relates to the state of the interior, suggesting that SQ doesn't plan to keep it for much longer.

When you look at it's age compared to the rest of the fleet, it does stand out rather obviously, although there are some SR*, SV* and SY* craft not too far off their 13th birthday. The SR*s are probably destined for Scoot, but the SV*s and SY*s have been refurbished.

Comment

Although SQG was 772ER when it was built, it was de-rated and used for local short-hauls in its recent years (to the best of my knowledge), which could explain why it was scrapped I suppose. Although SQF cops a lot of flack in this thread, all of it relates to the state of the interior, suggesting that SQ doesn't plan to keep it for much longer.

When you look at it's age compared to the rest of the fleet, it does stand out rather obviously, although there are some SR*, SV* and SY* craft not too far off their 13th birthday. The SR*s are probably destined for Scoot, but the SV*s and SY*s have been refurbished.
                                I have been doing CGK-SIN very frequently these past few months. I'm looking forward to when they replace Quebec Foxtrot. Been spending too much time in its ratty old cabins.

Comment

Working...
                                X