SQ B777 withdrawal thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Airbus SAS A340-500 View Post
    It's confirmed by the South China Morning Post. SCMP reports that Scoot is to take delivery of a sixth B772 for their new HKG flights.
    http://www.scmp.com/business/compani...gapore-flights

Now, is that sixth B772 also coming from SQ?

All along, I presumed Scoot would suffice with five B772s till the arrival of their B787-8s and B787-9s. I guess there must have had been a change in the business plan on their short-term fleet planning.
    The plane is Very likely 9V-SQF. I guess SQF will be retired anytime soon this month i guess, since the new 773ER on the LHR route will free up SQF. This also seems logical since Scoot is starting their flight in NOV so there is plenty of time to reconfigure SQF

Comment

• Originally posted by JonLee View Post
      The plane is Very likely 9V-SQF. I guess SQF will be retired anytime soon this month i guess, since the new 773ER on the LHR route will free up SQF. This also seems logical since Scoot is starting their flight in NOV so there is plenty of time to reconfigure SQF
      Well next might be 9v-SRG. Hasn't flown for over 5 days now.

Comment

• Originally posted by hviswanathan View Post
        it might be SRG, but SRG is signicantly younger than SQF so im not sure, although it might be possible that SQ wants to keep the 3-class SQF longer than expected for the CGK flights. i wonder how much longer can SQF stay...

Comment

it might be SRG, but SRG is signicantly younger than SQF so im not sure, although it might be possible that SQ wants to keep the 3-class SQF longer than expected for the CGK flights. i wonder how much longer can SQF stay...
          Hmm, quoting from an unreliable source (Wikipedia): "The first class product (Old Regional F) will be retired shortly in the third quarter of 2013, along with the withdrawal of all 3-class B777-200 (9V-SQF), awaiting on the delivery of the 24th A330 (9V-STY) to Singapore Airlines and subject to regulatory approval"

Comment

Well, they retired 9v-SRI which was in the same situation as SRG. I haven't had the privilege of flying SQF but of course looks the folks just can't wait for its retirement . Let us see what happens. Could somebody send pics or video of recent experiences of SQF so that we can understand your anger.

Comment

i hope not long ! SQF is by far the WORST plane flying on SQ, ever, because they don't bother to fix anything, so nothing works, everything is falling apart and the seats have tables that can't stow properly

Comment

• Originally posted by hviswanathan View Post
                Make that almost 9 days. Looks like SRG has been replaced by STW.

SQF would be listed to be replaced by SWU most likely as it's the next available F cabin. (Please nobody make the error of thinking I mean the brand new 77W will end up flying to CGK three times daily )

SWV & STY aren't far off either, so that could knock out two more of the old SR* series by year's end.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                  SWV & STY aren't far off either, so that could knock out two more of the old SR* series by year's end.
                  Yes, 3 more A330s and 2 more 777-300ERs by March 2014 will be replacing 9V-SQF, 9V-SRF, 9V-SRG and 9V-SRH. Along with the 5 A340s leaving, we are expecting fleet strength of 99 by end of FY2013

9V-SWV

9V-SWV in the background during the 787-9 first flight

9V-STY

9V-STY
                  Last edited by FSJZ; 23 September 2013, 09:35 PM.

Comment

• Pardon my ignorance, but i was curious to know, if there are 3 more A330s, what will come after 9V-STZ ?

Comment

• Originally posted by hjerapa View Post
                      Pardon my ignorance, but i was curious to know, if there are 3 more A330s, what will come after 9V-STZ ?
                      They will probably restart the cycle with 9V-SA*, 9V-SB*, etc.

9V-SG*, 9V-SK*, 9V-SQ*, 9V-SR*, 9V-ST*, 9V-SW*, 9V-SY*, 9V-SV* have been taken

Comment

• Originally posted by FSJZ View Post
                        They will probably restart the cycle with 9V-SA*, 9V-SB*, etc.

9V-SG*, 9V-SK*, 9V-SQ*, 9V-SR*, 9V-ST*, 9V-SW*, 9V-SY*, 9V-SV* have been taken
                        In addition:
                        SQ Cargo: SC* & SF*
                        MI: SB* & SL*

Comment

• 9V-SRG has not been flying since 15 September. Can someone confirm if it has been officially retired?

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                            Make that almost 9 days. Looks like SRG has been replaced by STW.

SQF would be listed to be replaced by SWU most likely as it's the next available F cabin. (Please nobody make the error of thinking I mean the brand new 77W will end up flying to CGK three times daily )

Any idea when SQF is going ? I am planning a CGK flight this month and I am not sure which flights to book...

Thanks !

Comment

Any idea when SQF is going ? I am planning a CGK flight this month and I am not sure which flights to book...

Thanks !
                              I think 9V-SQF will be leaving in mid October or so, when 9V-SWV has been put into service. For now, I will steer clear of any 777-200 flights to Jakarta and choose the 777-300 options.

Comment

Thanks !
                                SQF is normally used on SQ950/3, SQ958/9 and SQ966/7 every day. Until it stops showing up on databases for those flights for at least a week, you have to assume that is the plane you would get on those flights. We have very plausible theories on here about when it may disappear from the fleet, but unless you work in the SQ plane rostering division, they are just theories.

Comment

Working...
                                X