SQ B777 withdrawal thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sutrakhk View Post
    If Scoot is going to refurbish the aircrafts before entering service, many cabin problems will be solved automatically, for example broken seats/tray tables, out-of-order IFE, so I think your statement is not totally correct.
    Agreed. But not sure who will foot the bill to do the refurbish? SQ or Scoot?

Comment

• Originally posted by cscs1956 View Post
      Agreed. But not sure who will foot the bill to do the refurbish? SQ or Scoot?
      Under normal commercial terms, I see no reason why a seller would foot the bill, unless the cost was built into the transaction price.

As SQ and Scoooot are effectively related parties, who really knows or cares?

And what difference does it really make to the shareholders (other than tax accounting) when it's left hand to right?

Comment

• Originally posted by milehighj View Post
        Under normal commercial terms, I see no reason why a seller would foot the bill, unless the cost was built into the transaction price.

As SQ and Scoooot are effectively related parties, who really knows or cares?

And what difference does it really make to the shareholders (other than tax accounting) when it's left hand to right?
        You are right, tax and accounting is different. So shareholders will be affected.

Comment

You are right, tax and accounting is different. So shareholders will be affected.
          I'm fairly confident, knowing accountants, that they will know what to do, to ensure that the books are ... properly documented. I'm not sure why it would 'benefit' them to 'affect' shareholders negatively.

Comment

So shareholders will be affected.
            What shareholders will be affected and in what way ?

Comment

Don't twist my words to try to prove your point. There is one listed holding company which owns the various operating entities.

Shareholders - who effectively own both SQ and Scoot - will only be adversely affected if there is incompetent accounting advice, as CarbonMan is also suggesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by hjerapa View Post
                Hmm are there no plans to withdraw SYE ? I saw it at T3 yesterday.
                Any updates on the retirement of SYE? Will this bird be flying for the next 13 months along with the other non retrofitted birds?

Are the new batch of A330's still on schedule for EIS 2013 through 2015?
                The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

• [QUOTE=viraj735;163553]Any updates on the retirement of SYE? Will this bird be flying for the next 13 months along with the other non retrofitted birds?/QUOTE]

We were discussing this in another thread about CMB flights. If the data on flight24 is correct, SYE is now virtually captive to SQ 468/9. It's flown the Colombo service 17 times in the last 3 weeks. Flight searches on the SQ website for between now and August display 777-300.

Prior to this, SYE has never been out of use longer than a few days at a time.

As a couple more 388s arrive and take over 77W routes, like the third daily LHR service, I suppose it's possible that this might remove the need for SYE, but it certainly seems needed at present based on flight records.

Comment

• i know its a long shot. but any chance tt CPH will see itself get a 77W by aug? where is the 77W, which used to ply LHR-SIN, going to?

Comment

• Originally posted by gumption View Post
                      i know its a long shot. but any chance tt CPH will see itself get a 77W by aug? where is the 77W, which used to ply LHR-SIN, going to?
                      AMS, as discussed somewhere else in this forum

Comment

• Originally posted by gumption View Post
                        i know its a long shot. but any chance tt CPH will see itself get a 77W by aug? where is the 77W, which used to ply LHR-SIN, going to?
                        There's a certain amount of slack appearing with the 77Ws because they are doing a few extra flights that normally get 773 refurbs (e.g. SQ237/8) and already
                        they are phasing in 77W flights to AMS well before the July 02 'start'.

The 77Ws coming off LHR aren't working in the same timeslot as required for AMS or CPH, so it's not like comparing like for like. There might be enough 77W hours available, but not at the right time.

I'd say CPH and FCO will be waiting until some of the new 77W order begins to appear next year or another 77W service gets upgauged to 388. I suppose CPH does have an advantage compared to a daily flight in that it requires less aircraft to service it.

Comment

• EI-UNP (Ex 9V-SYB) is scheduled to go for an Air-Test today.

Comment

• Reportedly a third 777 has been transferred to Scoot - confirmed ?

Thx
                            Alexandre.

Comment

• Originally posted by aerotransport View Post
                              Reportedly a third 777 has been transferred to Scoot - confirmed ?

Thx
                              Alexandre.
                              The next aircraft that is due to scoot was spotted today - http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showpost...7&postcount=12

Comment

• Just stumbled upon a thread on A.net that ex-9V-SQG has been scrapped. It's indeed shocking that such a young bird has to be melted. RIP ex-9V-SQG.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Boeing-777-212-ER/2091737/L/

http://www.airliners.net/uf/view.fil...phpigbR4C.jpeg

Comment

Working...
                                X