SQ B777 withdrawal thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bitterroot View Post
    9V-SYA is withdrawn; for Transaero as EI-UNL......
    -SYC has also been withdrawn.

-SYD will be withdrawn end of this month followed by -SYB next month.

Comment

• Any idea which registration (Under SQ right now) will be the first 772 for Scoot?

Comment

• Hmm are there no plans to withdraw SYE ? I saw it at T3 yesterday.

Comment

• Perhaps someone can find out what the actual registration was but my 777 from IST back to SIN yesterday on SQ391 was cancelled due to "technical issues". SQ claims they can only fly the bird once they get a replacement part on the SIN-IST today.

Comment

• Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
            Perhaps someone can find out what the actual registration was but my 777 from IST back to SIN yesterday on SQ391 was cancelled due to "technical issues". SQ claims they can only fly the bird once they get a replacement part on the SIN-IST today.
            Should be 9V-SVO if I am not wrong
            The Romance of Travel... Singapore Airlines

Comment

• Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
              Perhaps someone can find out what the actual registration was but my 777 from IST back to SIN yesterday on SQ391 was cancelled due to "technical issues". SQ claims they can only fly the bird once they get a replacement part on the SIN-IST today.
              -SVO

Comment

• I sure hope that doesn't affect my scheduled SQ490 tomorrow evening in any way... sorry to hear, CarbonMan

Comment

• Thanks, good to know. But it was pandemonium yesterday when the ground staff announced the cancellation. We were led up and down the airport to get us out with proper visas. Took 2 hours to exit immigration, get our bags and a taxi to a hotel and I am the lucky few who managed to do this quite quickly. There were more than a hundred pax behind me. Thanks to SQ I get an extra day of holiday on their expense. at least I had time to spare. Pity those who had connecting flights in SIN or had work engagements.

Praying that the plane will not encounter more delays today. IST is beautiful and I enjoy this city but the cold wet weather now is not the best condition to enjoy it in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                    I sure hope that doesn't affect my scheduled SQ490 tomorrow evening in any way... sorry to hear, CarbonMan
                    I certainly hope not Kyo. Just FYI, my flight is now ETD 1300 IST today. I will know in the morning if all goes well with the replacement part that's landing in an hours time.

Comment

• ex 9V-SYC, Current EI-UNN. Has been delivered to Transaero.

Comment

• All five to be offloaded seemed to be out of use a while back, but not any more.

SYE is in continual use according to flight24- have I got it wrong? SYE wasn't retrofitted, was it?

SYB is still getting use every few days to a range of unlucky destinations!

Comment

• -SYD should be the next to go off followed by -SYB.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                            All five to be offloaded seemed to be out of use a while back, but not any more.

SYE is in continual use according to flight24- have I got it wrong? SYE wasn't retrofitted, was it?

SYB is still getting use every few days to a range of unlucky destinations!
                            Yes, SYE & SYB are both the non retrofitted planes with the randomly working seats and Video systems. I feel cheated every time i fly on these planes instead of the promised retrofitted ones.

Comment

• I thought so. I've never had to suffer one thankfully.

My usual equivalent is booking a flight in Y on a plane with the new product then turning up to find I'm on an old 744 with same non-working seats and IFE.

Comment

• Was on 9V-SQD (oldest 777 interiors) yesterday.
                                I don't mind the seat/cabin. But IFE is in serious need of maintenance.
                                Channel 15 (TV Comedy) had no sound. Channel 16 (TV Drama) was absent altogether.
                                For short hauls, these are the channels that matter.
                                Cabin crew in charge tried to reset or do something about it but couldn't fix the problems.

If no refurbishment is planned, maybe it is time for these planes to go.

Comment

Working...
                                X