• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ell3 View Post
    😢 goodbye SQM.
    How bout SQL, any idea?
    Stripped of SQ colors and went on an airtest on Feb 14

Comment

• I think SRM is the next to go, it has not flown for 2 months.

SVM has not flown since February 29th, so a possible sign. Mikes are slowly going away from the 772 fleet

Comment

😢 goodbye SQM.
        How bout SQL, any idea?
        9V-SQL (as N509BC) departed SIN for GYR on 07MAR.

Comment

• Thanks for the info.

SQ is supposed to be left with only 1x SV and 1x SQ by the end of this FY, which should be 31 March. Given the current situation surely they’ll be keeping to that? Which means 2 more SVs to be withdrawn in the next two weeks.
          Can’t believe they’re keeping SQN just for that daily HKT

Comment

Thanks for the info.

SQ is supposed to be left with only 1x SV and 1x SQ by the end of this FY, which should be 31 March. Given the current situation surely they’ll be keeping to that? Which means 2 more SVs to be withdrawn in the next two weeks.
            Can’t believe they’re keeping SQN just for that daily HKT
            Nope. As they updated in November there will be 1 772 & 3 77E by 31st March.

Comment

• I can't help but think that with the current situation, they won't be in the fleet for very long.
              an infrastructure geek

Comment

• Yup SQ likely dont really need these planes and especially now. But guess just keep it and use as "spare" planes as they still got quite some hours left on them and hard if not impossible to sell them now.
                Last edited by flyguy; 14 March 2020, 11:06 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                  Yup SQ likely dont really need these planes and especially now. But guess just keep it and use as "spare" planes as they still got quite some hours left on them and hard if not impossible to sell them now.
                  With COVID19 ravaging worldwide, SQ will most probably seek to offload those older frames.

Other airlines like KLM will retire their 747 pax/combi fleet end of this month, cutting short their life by a year, VS took out A346 fleet, BA/QF/LH/KE are now parking B744/B748/A380, AA offloading older 767/757 earlier and DL is parking 300 airframes.

Comment

• As has already been suggested by others previously...

If I were the airline, I’d use these frames to the max possible (perhaps until they’re due their next major check) to squeeze out whatever life they have left in them before flying them to the desert. After all, they have already been fully depreciated.
                    In simple English - it likely doesn’t cost them anything to utilise the 77Es / as opposed to using a 77W/350/etc. (Save for the fixed operating cost per flight).

Comment

As has already been suggested by others previously...

If I were the airline, I’d use these frames to the max possible (perhaps until they’re due their next major check) to squeeze out whatever life they have left in them before flying them to the desert. After all, they have already been fully depreciated.
                      In simple English - it likely doesn’t cost them anything to utilise the 77Es / as opposed to using a 77W/350/etc. (Save for the fixed operating cost per flight).
                      True, but at the moment, I don't think SQ has the luxury to squeeze out anymore life left in them. They have more than enough aircraft due to all the flight cancellation. Won't be surprised if A330 retirement will be brought forward. Including stored aircraft SQ could potentially removes 12 airframes: 10 A330, 6 B772, and 5 B773

Comment

• Singapore Airlines accelerates last 777-200ER scheduled flight to April 2020

From Airlineroute: https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...to-april-2020/

Singapore Airlines in recent schedule update tentatively accelerates planned final Boeing 777-200ER scheduled service. Previously scheduled in late-May 2020, the airline has scheduled last 777-200ER flight on 20APR20. As of 13MAR20, the 777-200ER is only scheduled for following routes in April 2020:

Singapore – Hong Kong SQ861/856 05APR20 / 06APR20
                        Singapore – Jakarta SQ950/953 20APR20
                        Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• News is now streaming SQ is looking at offloading leased B77W earlier than expected. 24 owned and 3 leased, wonder which one will go first?
                          Last edited by jul247; 16 March 2020, 09:12 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jul247 View Post
                            News is now streaming SQ is looking at offloading leased B77W earlier than expected. 24 owned and 3 leased, wonder which one will go first?
                            Between the 77W and the 380, it is better to get rid of the 380 first.

Comment

• If the 779s still on for delivery in end 2021/2022 - then SQ can offload its 77Ws as otherwise its better to keep the 77Ws and agree that the older A380s should go first before refitting.

Comment

• Originally posted by jul247 View Post
                                News is now streaming SQ is looking at offloading leased B77W earlier than expected. 24 owned and 3 leased, wonder which one will go first?
                                Based on the “SQ - PEY officially launched” thread aren’t the 3 leased 77W’s actually the newer 2013 batch (SWW, SWY, SWZ)? It could be any 3 but correct me if I’m wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X