Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Status importance...

Hello people!

In terms of status which would SQ rank higher?

Virgin Flying Club Gold

or

BMI Star Alliance Gold?

I'm flying this weekend (lon + sin) and wanted to know which I should use...

depends on what you want to do with the "status" doesn't it?

Comment

Thank you for your short yet powerful reply.

I suppose I mean which one will - if required - give me a better experience overall -- yes 'generally' (and I hate 'generallys').

What matters more to SQ, Virgin (of which they own the majority) or Star Alliance (of which they are a member)?

Thanks anyway...

Comment

Welcome to SQTalk!

The service onboard (first, business or economy) will be the same regardless of which card you put in your booking.

If you mean upgrades, there will most likely be so many others ahead of you regardless of which card you use (i.e. KrisFlyer and PPS members) that it again won't make a difference. In any event, upgrades are rare on SQ (and I don't imagine the loads are that high at the moment given current economic conditions).

Comment

With the VSFC, you can use the SKL in SIN even in economy. Whereas, with the BD*G, you can only use the KF Gold Lounge or SATS Lounge.

Apart from that, priority boarding, baggage tags, standby & 20kg extra allowance will be the same when using both cards.

Comment

Suggestion: Perhaps moving this to the "What FFP for Me?" thread will be helpful to some of our other members as well.
            HUGE AL

Comment

It really depends.
              How much do you fly and in what COS?
              BD earning opportunity is much greater than VS when you fly F or C.

Comment

I think this may be missing the point. The OP is not asking which is best to earn miles on. The OP already has both - VS gold and BD gold - and seems to be asking which card to put in his/her booking for the coming weekend for "benefits" (presumably upgrades etc). S/he'd presumably take along both cards and can show both cards to get into lounges etc.

Comment

OP is not very clear on what exactly they are looking to 'use' their status for. Perhaps they would like to clarify, to make it easier to assist.

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                  and seems to be asking which card to put in his/her booking for the coming weekend for "benefits" (presumably upgrades etc).
                  Upgrades on SQ ?.

Comment

aislealways, welcome to SQTalk.

If I understood your question correctly, you wanted to see whether recognition on the ground or onboard would be different. As Nick C pointed out, VS Gold has a slight advantage at SIN. Otherwise, it's exactly the same. Onboard, as jhm indicated, there is no special recognition, and not even a slim chance of an op-up.
                    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Working...
                    X