Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flown in SQ J in 2009?

I've done a few flights in J this year.

The first thing to say is how empty the flights were ( except SIN-KUL-SIN, which was full )

But I enjoyed service and attention beyond my expectations on SQ.

Particularly noteworthy were:

Unlimited satay refills ( SIN-ICN )

Ice cream served, thawed to perfection, instead of usual hard-as-rock ( SIN-ICN )

Asked when I wanted my lunch served ( ICN-SIN )

Replacing the 2 ridiculously tiny glasses on the tray with a larger glass of water when I declined the wine offered. It has always mildly irritated me the tiny glass of water ( one gulp and it's empty ) but not enough to make an issue of it since it still gets constantly refilled ( JFK-SIN )

Given pack of A380 playing cards without my asking ( PEN-SIN)

100% success with redemptions and upgrades ( or is it because of PPS status? )

A lot of pampering on board

Too many complaints posted about SQ here and TOF.

I'm totally happy with what I'm paying for, especially with the recent price reductions.

Looking forward to further happiness when fuel surcharges are dropped
    Last edited by 9V-SIA; 6 April 2009, 06:36 PM.

No paid travel on SQ in 2009 so far - TG, LH and LX have sold me tickets in J though (doesn't count for PPS *g*)

Travel in award F to BKK and SYD. Good to see BKK discontinued - not much F experience on that route anyway. 747 still my favourite - sorry to see her go...

Friends of mine came from Dubai in Regional J and were not too convinced...

Comment

SQ25 on 3/3 was all full but 2 ...
      SQ876 on 4/3 was half full

service was awesome on both.
      Home is where your heart is.

Comment

Good to hear about your good experiences recently on SQ J, 9V-SIA.
        I too find SQ a noticeably better way to fly (in J) recently.
        Hope this will continue to be the case even in better times.
        Last edited by StarG; 6 April 2009, 11:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
          Unlimited satay refills ( SIN-ICN )
          Hmm... I just did SQ2 to SFO and there was no satay for the dinner service on the SIN-HKG sector.

Service was sub-par, morale was low. I didn't feel like I was taking a SQ flight at all. Quite disappointed with SQ this time.

Load of the flight was about 3/4 full SIN-HKG and 2/3 full HKG-SFO, EY was chock-a-block though. Must be due to the recent promotional fares...

Comment

Good to hear. I look forward to the enhanced levels of service on my SQ C ride tomorrow. Will try to report back.

No satay on the MEL flights however.
            All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
              100% success with redemptions and upgrades ( or is it because of PPS status? )

:
              Good for you !!
              I searched everyday in June 2009 for 2XC class saver to Perth..no luck for the 0930hr flight (SIN-PER).

Comment

I have found SQ service is a better now in the last two flights although I must say that I was pleased with J Class service in the past. EY is generally something else particularly from the FSS.

The service is more attentive now and I must give it to them for trying. Of course the realisation of the more difficult economic sinking does help particularly on the younger FS/FSS who have not seriously take their job in the past.

Too much diet of internet, instant rewards and a sheltered life unfortunately did not help many in Gen Y.

Comment

Originally posted by acey View Post
                  Good for you !!
                  I searched everyday in June 2009 for 2XC class saver to Perth..no luck for the 0930hr flight (SIN-PER).
                  You'll never find 2 JCL Saver seats to Perth during the S'pore school holidays!

Waitlist, and you'll stand a chance.

Comment

SQ J flights so far this year:

January: SIN-BOM-SIN Excellent service on both legs. The breakfast on the outbound featured a delicious lamb sausage and the crew brewed a perfect chai/masala tea.

March: SIN-SYD-SIN. Perfect on the outbound (bye 744, I'll miss you!) including delicious choices for the mains (had the black cod). The inbound on the 380 left a lot to be desired: a leaking galley producing the most awful damp odor and blah choices for mains (should've BTC'd in retrospect).

April: SIN-ICN-YVR Excellent service on both sectors. Lamb satay was particularly delish. SIA YVR service will definitely be missed! Come back soon SIA, don't be a stranger
                    Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

Look forward to my A330 SIN-BNE run in J Thursday night. After seeing picks of the Lamb Cutlets.. i decided to do the BTC thing. Will also be able to compare y & j.. if I get motivated enough will do a TR.

Comment

Working...
                      X