Surcharges have been reduced!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surcharges have been reduced!!

I did an online booking in the last week of March for my family of 4 on the routing SIN-KIX, NRT-SIN, convinced that that any expected fall in fuel surcharges would be minimal. However, to my dismay, I discovered that surcharges had fallen by an average of S$169 per pax when I checked prices on the SQ site a week later. Was this announced or did any one forsee this?
    Last edited by SQKevin; 5 April 2009, 09:09 PM.

i noticed tt too when i try to do a dummy booking for SIN-NGO on 1/4/09..went down from $374 to $205..NRT is $198...so low..but when I did dummy bookings for other destinations..still the same..TPE is $288..HKG is $76....US is $600++....SilkAir's surcharge didn't go down either..to China is $295 as usual..

Comment

I suppose this difference has something to do with the japanese regulations regarding the fuel surcharges...
      There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
      If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

deleted
        Last edited by trekkie; 23 September 2010, 10:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by yongchau View Post
          went down from $374 to $205..NRT is $198...
          Originally posted by trekkie View Post
          What is not clear from your post is whether the surcharge has completely been eliminated.
          It's still there.
          There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
          If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

Thanks for the replies. To be more specific, its indicated that fuel surcharges have been reduced from S$290 to S$122, a reduction of S$168. Has this to do with the end of SQ's fuel hedging, Japanese regulations or a combination of both?

Comment

ex-AUS is still the same. BNE-ICN via SIN , fuel surcharge is still above A$600. I find it really interesting to see base fare around A$350 for sweek deal BNE-ICN.

Comment

made a dummy booking, and apparently no changes ex SIN and ex BKK.

Comment

Originally posted by lee_apromise View Post
                  ex-AUS is still the same. BNE-ICN via SIN , fuel surcharge is still above A$600. I find it really interesting to see base fare around A$350 for sweek deal BNE-ICN.
                  BNE-SIN-ICN
                  Fare for 1 Adult: 348.00
                  Taxes & Surcharges: 623.72
                  Total: AUD 971.72

I think I may have to make a few changes to some of my other bookings! Thanks for that! Thanks very much!

That's gonna make someone I know very happy indeed.

For comparison:

SIN-ICN (by itself)
                  Fare for 1 Adult: 900.00
                  Taxes & Surcharges: 306.00
                  Total: SGD 1,206.00

Lotsa weird possibilities for sure!

Comment

Promotional one to go, with miles for the SIN-SFO route has increased by $100. What was $1890 is now $1990.

Comment

Is there any official announcement regarding lowering the fuel surcharges anytime soon? I just made a dummy booking on SQ (HKG-SIN-LHR) and tax+surcharges came up to be around HK$2000!!
                      zxcvbn

Comment

Originally posted by zxcvbn View Post
                        Is there any official announcement regarding lowering the fuel surcharges anytime soon? I just made a dummy booking on SQ (HKG-SIN-LHR) and tax+surcharges came up to be around HK$2000!!
                        I have not come across any official announcement. The reduction in fuel surchanges seem to be restricted to flights to Japan and HKG ex-SIN, so far. Dummy bookings to Japanese destinations and HKG show a fuel surcharge of S$122 and S$22, respectively.

Comment

I have got a group of 16 flying syd-europe with a one day stopover in sing in july.its a cricket team...anyone heard of the ceylon sports club??

Anyway..we are paying a fixed fare $2390 plus taxes and charges..it seems sq adjusts its prices ex australia each wednesday..with the strengthening of the $A taxes and charges have been drifting downwards..when I do a dummy booking currently at A$700...$A160 (taxes and charges) A$540 fuel rip off.

We have to pay by May 18.

Does the above make sense?
                          What's the probabilty that the fuel rip off will fall by may 18?
                          will sq hold fuel rip off high to gouge committed clients?
                          whats the price of a tiger beer at the ceylon sports club?
                          anyone a member at the SCC?
                          does sq airlines have a cricket team?

Comment

hi jacko, i will try to answer your questions but with the disclaimer that this is my opinion!

1.Yes i have heard of Ceylon sports Club. I used to play cricket there when i was a teen. many many years ago.
                            2. The fuel rip-off is likely to be lowered soon. If you have a confirmed reservation and they allow you to wait til May 18th, i would wait until then. There is no way the rip off should stay high for much longer. Perhaps after the holiday goer's are done with their Easter Holidays, SQ will stop ripping everyone off. I can't be certain though.
                            3. They are currently holding the fuel rip off to get as many committed as they can including you!
                            4. A price of a beer is not cheap in Singapore as it attracts high taxes unlike back home. Do not be surprised to pay $10-15 for a beer in a nice club and perhaps $8-10 in a bar. i am not sure about Ceylon, but i would estimate at around $8 still.
                            6. I am not sure if SQ has a cricket team but chances are that the answer is no.

Comment

Originally posted by SQDoubter View Post
                              1.Yes i have heard of Ceylon sports Club. I used to play cricket there when i was a teen. many many years ago.
                              +1

Originally posted by Jacko View Post
                              does sq airlines have a cricket team?
                              Yes it does. They have a team in Div 2 and used to play out of http://www.siasportsclub.sg/ Free beer after the games

Comment

Working...
                              X