SIN SKL J - food cutbacks ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIN SKL J - food cutbacks ?

I don't fly SQ often at all so this could just be my imagination.

However, I was in the SIN T2 SKL J recently and noticed that the hot food selection seems less compared to the last time I visited sometime last year ? There used to be stuff like breaded chicken drumsticks and mini pizzas which were available in a heated glass cabinet (which has now gone).

What time of the day were you there? Was it a lull period?

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
      What time of the day were you there? Was it a lull period?
      Weekdays - once around 8pm and the other around 4pm.

Comment

When I was last there around noon a couple weeks back, there were all of 10 pax and an entire F&B station was closed off. IIRC, the remaining open station did have the standard range of hot food.

Comment

They close the food station to the right as you walk in during quiet periods. They also now close off the back section to the left behind the newspaper stand. Bar service is now only until 2130 in both J and F sides.

They have also started closing off the far end of the T3 SKL F during certain times of the day. You know the one that claimed sweeping views of the tarmac when it first opened.

Going back to the food choices. The mini pizzas were not there every day previously but I can't recall whether that glass cabinet that holds them was there recently ?!.

I did go through Sunday and Tuesday this week and the food on offer was exactly the same : asparagus soup, mini beef fillets, potato wedges, the same type of curry (I can't remember what). That was on both sides at T2. so SuperJonJon is definitely not missing much with QPP's no longer allowed in.

Comment

On one of my two visits, I had a look at both food stations but no pizzas, no chicken and no glass cabinet.

I also can't remember seeing any mini beef fillets in the J side - maybe I missed them or perhaps these are deemed too special for ordinary J pax ?

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
              the same type of curry (I can't remember what).
              Beef Rendang
              My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

They've also taken a fancy to that aloo mattar stuff... have come across it so many times now (of course, this is a matter of preference/taste, and I'd take a beef rendang over an aloo mattar).

Surprisingly, they served a 'beef rendang' of sorts called a 'pepper mutton' in the Sats Premier T2 lounge on Friday night.

Comment

Working...
                X