Rumor of SQ 11/12 becoming 77W?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumor of SQ 11/12 becoming 77W?

There's a thread on other website about the 'rumor' of SQ11/12 being switched to a 77W. Since it's not discussed here, I take it that it's unsubstantiated rumor then?

Um...it has:

http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showpos...&postcount=365
    HUGE AL

Comment

Actually, this is virtually a guaranteed fact. The only question is when? SQ11/12 will be downgauged to 77W sometime in the next 12 months as all 744 will be retired from SQ.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryK View Post
        Actually, this is virtually a guaranteed fact. The only question is when? SQ11/12 will be downgauged to 77W sometime in the next 12 months as all 744 will be retired from SQ.
        Exactly. Unless they decide to send an A380 there, which would qualify as Breaking News I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
          Exactly. Unless they decide to send an A380 there, which would qualify as Breaking News I suppose.
          Hey, I broke it here:

http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showpos...6&postcount=60

HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
            Ugh! That's from 14-Oct-08. We are still waiting.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryK View Post
              Ugh! That's from 14-Oct-08. We are still waiting.
              Dude, that's breaking news! Who else scoops that far in advance???
              HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                That's 7 months ago fella. An awful lot has changed since then!.

I think the main point is made by TerryK in response to the OP; it has to change to something, as the 744's are leaving. That's not a rumour or breaking news, it's a fact

Comment

Citigroup Inc. closed at $18.62 on 14-Oct-08. Yeah! Times are different.

Comment

Given that the JumboJets are all leaving the fleet and the route cannot sustain anything larger in the current economic environment, it seems like a very safe bet.

Comment

Do you think there's any chance whatsoever that this route will still be served by 744 by Jan 01 2010?

Comment

Originally posted by maxmin View Post
                        Do you think there's any chance whatsoever that this route will still be served by 744 by Jan 01 2010?
                        There is a chance, but I'd bet against it.

Comment

Originally posted by maxmin View Post
                          I think it'll depend on what the demand is at that point, and also what the retirement dates are for these aircrafts. In September of 2008, the A380 was a possible future candidate for operating this route (SQ11/12), but now, that is highly unlikely at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by sumitsan View Post
                            In September of 2008, the A380 was a possible future candidate for operating this route (SQ11/12), but now, that is highly unlikely at this point.
                            The WhaleJet may still be a candidate for SQ11/12 five to ten years in the future if SQ do not win rights to serve LAX via other viable intermediary points such as PEK/PVG and if the A350-900 doesn't perform satisfactorily on LAX-SIN nonstops.

Comment

Originally posted by zvezda View Post
                              There is a chance, but I'd bet against it.
                              That's just fine by me. I'm travelling on that route in August and again in Feb so hopefully I'll get one last go in the nose and then have a new F experience (did have an F award on SQ 1/2 77W but had to cancel that trip).

Comment

Working...
                              X