Reconfigured 773 Assignments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reconfigured 773 Assignments

There's a post in the SQ forum on FT quoting a Japanese language SQ timetable (in print -- didn't know they still existed!) to the effect that "(7)73A"s will take over the SIN -- BOM morning flight effective 1 June, and all the SIN -- DXB -- xx flights through August and September.

If it's true, SQ is apparently assigning the initial reconfigured aircraft to existing 773 routes -- and that means 77Ws aren't released to bump 744s off the remaining Jumbo Jet routes.

Duh?

773As would be replacing all the 77Ws on the Australia and India routes, thus freeing up some of the 773Ws for deployment to longer haul destinations.
    My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
      773As would be replacing all the 77Ws on the Australia and India routes, thus freeing up some of the 773Ws for deployment to longer haul destinations.
      Really? I thought the Australia routes were high yield? Why would SQ send a regional, albeit new, product on these routes?

Comment

Originally posted by qasr View Post
        Really? I thought the Australia routes were high yield? Why would SQ send a regional, albeit new, product on these routes?
        The 777-300ERs are needed to replace JumboJets on long-haul routes.

Comment

Originally posted by zvezda View Post
          The 777-300ERs are needed to replace JumboJets on long-haul routes.
          MEL already has one flight from SIN which is 777-300ER (currently replaced with 777-200ER over winter whilst they wait on aircraft delivery.), one flight which is 747-400 and one flight which is 777-300.

I don't really understand your post?

SQ238.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ238 View Post
            MEL already has one flight from SIN which is 777-300ER (currently replaced with 777-200ER over winter whilst they wait on aircraft delivery.), one flight which is 747-400 and one flight which is 777-300.

I don't really understand your post?
            Within a year, SQ will serve MEL with either 3 reconfigured 777-300s or with 2 reconfigured 777-300s and/or A330-300s and a WhaleJet. The JumboJets will have been retired and the 777-300ERs will be needed in other markets now served by Jumbos that are beyond the payload/range performance of the 777-300 e.g. SIN-NRT-LAX and SIN-FRA.

Comment

Originally posted by zvezda View Post
              Within a year, SQ will serve MEL with either 3 reconfigured 777-300s or with 2 reconfigured 777-300s and/or A330-300s and a WhaleJet. The JumboJets will have been retired and the 777-300ERs will be needed in other markets now served by Jumbos that are beyond the payload/range performance of the 777-300 e.g. SIN-NRT-LAX and SIN-FRA.

Thanks zvezda,

Interesting reading your response, still hanging out hoping MEL gets an A380, looks like there is some hope.

SQ238

Comment

Zvezda, ycp81, you may well be right but have you considered that the long-haul premium product might be kept on the SYD route, given the level of competition on that route from QF/BA? Also, from July onwards, of the 4 daily frequencies only 219/220 won't have the new long-haul J/F/R product. What are your thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by Bluesky View Post
                  Zvezda, ycp81, you may well be right but have you considered that the long-haul premium product might be kept on the SYD route, given the level of competition on that route from QF/BA? Also, from July onwards, of the 4 daily frequencies only 219/220 won't have the new long-haul J/F/R product. What are your thoughts?
                  SQ219/220 should be replaced by a B773A, but i guess it has not been firmed up.
                  My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

The question is whether the 773A will be considered a standalone a/c type deployed to fixed destinations, or will it join the pool of 773s rotating around different routes?

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                      The question is whether the 773A will be considered a standalone a/c type deployed to fixed destinations, or will it join the pool of 773s rotating around different routes?
                      All 773s will be retrofitted to 73As. In the interim, last minute equipment swaps are always possible.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryK View Post
                        All 773s will be retrofitted to 73As. In the interim, last minute equipment swaps are always possible.
                        Actually only 11 773s will be refurbished. One will be retired. (SQ owns 6 and leases the other 6, not too sure if the One is being retired due to the lease terminating or sold)

Comment

Likewise for 233/234, I believe this will be a 73A when the svc restarts in June.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ238 View Post
                            Thanks zvezda,

Interesting reading your response, still hanging out hoping MEL gets an A380, looks like there is some hope.
                            I think the delivery of 9V-SKI and 9V-SKJ later this year will see WhaleJet service to MEL and a second daily SYD -- not necessarily in that order. I just don't see any better routes for SQ on which to deploy more WhaleJets. My guess is that the 9V-SKK through 9V-SKS will be deferred.

Originally posted by Bluesky View Post
                            SQ's new regional Business Class is nothing to shun. I believe it will be roughly competitive with BA/QF long-haul Business Class.

Comment

The new regional C is comparable to spacebed except marginally narrower.

Comment

Working...
                              X