Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will any of SQ's A380s be painted in the Star Alliance livery?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will any of SQ's A380s be painted in the Star Alliance livery?

Hi y'all! This just popped up in my head: when will we see a Singapore Airlines A380 in the Star Alliance livery?

Even if they painted one, I'm guessing it'd be a quasi-*A livery, not the full ones like other *A members have, going by previous practise.

Comment

Yeah, I thought that too. It'll be cool to see one though

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
        Even if they painted one, I'm guessing it'd be a quasi-*A livery, not the full ones like other *A members have, going by previous practise.
        By the way, what makes SQ so special that they are able to have the quasi-*A livery? Won't the other *A members object to it? Hmmmm...
        We put labels on people and fight wars over them. If we truly want harmony, we have to get past the labels.

Comment

Originally posted by nykelaz View Post
          By the way, what makes SQ so special that they are able to have the quasi-*A livery?
          Apparently, SQ management hold SQ higher than any other member of Star-Alliance, and the SQ brand is very important.

Comment

*A needs SQ more than SQ needs *A. Without SQ, there will be a huge void on the Aust & NZ routes.

Comment

Originally posted by s7r0ng3r View Post
              Apparently, SQ management hold SQ higher than any other member of Star-Alliance, and the SQ brand is very important.
              That we all know, my question is won't the other members object to it?

Originally posted by Nick C View Post
              *A needs SQ more than SQ needs *A. Without SQ, there will be a huge void on the Aust & NZ routes.
              Ah, now I get it! Thanks.
              We put labels on people and fight wars over them. If we truly want harmony, we have to get past the labels.

Comment

Maybe the Star Alliance livery will come when 9V-SPP goes so as to keep to the quota of Star Alliance aircraft (I remember they have one).

Comment

Originally posted by wsssaero View Post
                  Maybe the Star Alliance livery will come when 9V-SPP goes so as to keep to the quota of Star Alliance aircraft (I remember they have one).
                  They have 3. SRE, SYE and SPP

Comment

Originally posted by wsssaero View Post
                    Just on that point, does anyone know when 9V-SPP is due to leave SQ?

Like all the 747's I know it will be sooner rather than later but is there any set dates for them to go? Maybe if itcoincides with a A380 delivery its replacement may have the *A livery.

SQ238.

Comment

I remember reading on another thread here that all 744s are going by next year. But even if it doesn't coincide the *A livery can always be applied later. SPP's *A livery was also applied later.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ238 View Post
                        Maybe if it coincides with a A380 delivery its replacement may have the *A livery.
                        I hope so!

Comment

Originally posted by s7r0ng3r View Post
                          I hope so!
                          i personally find the *A painted livery pretty ugly... hope they keep them the way they are.

Comment

Originally posted by taipeiflyer View Post
                            i personally find the *A painted livery pretty ugly... hope they keep them the way they are.
                            Agreed. I'm thankful that SQ drew the line at the tailfin.
                            ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                              Agreed. I'm thankful that SQ drew the line at the tailfin.
                              Amen to that. Too bad other Star Alliance members did not do that. It's hard to differentiate them from a distance. We'll have to see what Air India does with the tail when their induction is official.

Comment

Working...
                              X