Refurbished 773 - '73A'?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refurbished 773 - '73A'?

I don't know if its common knowledge, but SIA Cargo on its website does have a schedule of all SQ flights, and it also more importantly gives the type of 777 operating each flight. I think it's pretty reliable?

E.g. 772 means the SQ* series, 77A means the SR* series, and 77E means the SV* series.

I've realized that there is a '73A' showing up on some flights to CGK and MEL (I think) from April or so. I would presume these would be the refurbished 773s? Would an 'A' in the code mean that like '77A', these would be 2-class?

If anything it'd mean 3 class- new F, 330J, new Y.

My guess. NO idea really.

Comment

It's possible but GDS still doesn't reflect the same eqpt as reflected on the cargo schedule.

Comment

Some regional flights show up as 77A starting 29-Mar-09. We should know in 10 days.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryK View Post
          Some regional flights show up as 77A starting 29-Mar-09. We should know in 10 days.
          Hopefully we will see a glimpse of something after the site maintenance on Saturday

Comment

Originally posted by zxulee View Post
            ... 77A means the SR* series, and 77E means the SV* series.
            I think you meant 72A and 72E respectively.
            It makes sense if they designate the refurbished 773 as 73A.

Comment

i hate to burst anyone's bubble but currently SIA CArgo is showing a 34A as well to LAX.

So can anyone who travelled on the 345 to LAX recently tell us if they noticed any 'A'-ness on theier flight?

Comment

Originally posted by SQDoubter View Post
                i hate to burst anyone's bubble but currently SIA CArgo is showing a 34A as well to LAX.
                Might that indicate the all-J configuration?

Comment

Actually,the 772/77A/77E designations are correct. 72A & 72E don't exist. The A345s were initially designated 345 in J/Y+, after the refit it became 34A.

Comment

Just saw SQ Cargo website.. yeah they are shown as 77E/77A there.
                    But I was told by my SQ crew friend that those are 72E/72A for them.

Comment

but it shows 34A for the rest of this month but reverts to 345 during other periods. so i don't really get it.

from 1st April to 24th October it shows as 345

Comment

Originally posted by SQDoubter View Post
                        but it shows 34A for the rest of this month but reverts to 345 during other periods. so i don't really get it.

from 1st April to 24th October it shows as 345
                        Hmmmm, the return of the 2-class A345???

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                          Hmmmm, the return of the 2-class A345???
                          Just what I was thinking. But would SQ refurbish a refurbished aircraft so soon? Can I have those spare Biz class seats?

Comment

Originally posted by SuperJonJon View Post
                            .....Can I have those spare Biz class seats?
                            Those spare seats can be used in retrofitted regional 773s.

Comment

haha we can only dream. it would be great if it really were the case as i woud be able to go on Y+ in May.

Comment

Working...
                              X