No announcement yet.

SQ to charge credit card fee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just did a trip with CX on biz class. They are also charging 2% credit card fees even on tickets sold via TA. Not sure if they are charging the 2% for booking via their website though.

Comment

Originally posted by Doraemon View Post
      Just did a trip with CX on biz class. They are also charging 2% credit card fees even on tickets sold via TA. Not sure if they are charging the 2% for booking via their website though.
      Is the airline charging in this case or just the TA. as far as i remember correctly, theres always been a fee for using a cc for payment with a TA

Comment

Originally posted by EWR View Post
        Is the airline charging in this case or just the TA. as far as i remember correctly, theres always been a fee for using a cc for payment with a TA
        CX is the one who is charging the 2% in this case. The TA (AMEX) charges $65 for issuance of ticket. We don't get charged the 2% when we buy SQ ticket via TA, for now... Who knows maybe SQ will implement this to "enhance" their revenue stream.

Comment

*shakes head*

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
            Does this only apply for TA-issued tickets (because the note seems to be for TAs) or also tickets bought on singaporeair.com?
            As it is collected as a tax (YR), then yes the same will apply on all distribution channels.

Comment

THis is disappointing news indeed.

Comment

CX is the one who is charging the 2% in this case. The TA (AMEX) charges $65 for issuance of ticket. We don't get charged the 2% when we buy SQ ticket via TA, for now... Who knows maybe SQ will implement this to "enhance" their revenue stream.
                Depends on what kind of fare the business class ticket you bought is.. For all normal (full, market, special) tickets, don't think CX charges anything for credit card purchases.. But for corporate tickets on negotiated fares, then yes, CX charges extra when paying by credit card... This has been around for at least 3 to 4 years...

Comment

Originally posted by tfung View Post
                  Depends on what kind of fare the business class ticket you bought is.. For all normal (full, market, special) tickets, don't think CX charges anything for credit card purchases.. But for corporate tickets on negotiated fares, then yes, CX charges extra when paying by credit card... This has been around for at least 3 to 4 years...
                  I was on I-fare. The CC charge wasn't there when I travelled on CX I-fare for the last 2 years. It only appeared this year. I remembered JAL and ANA started charging the 2% CC fee for business class tickets bought via TA last year. Not too sure if they have removed it.

Comment

Gah! Please, no more of that! Lately, SQ has been turning itself into another LCC, and we all know, that's not good.

Comment

I was on I-fare. The CC charge wasn't there when I travelled on CX I-fare for the last 2 years. It only appeared this year. I remembered JAL and ANA started charging the 2% CC fee for business class tickets bought via TA last year. Not too sure if they have removed it.
                      That sounds more like the TA charging the CC fee, as they are acting as the merchant on the corp nett fare. With full published fares, CX will absorb the fee.

Comment

If the CC Charges is imposed by the airlines, I am wondering if the airlines get charged the full 2% or they have a better corporate rates with CC companies?

Comment

Originally posted by LionCity View Post
                          If the CC Charges is imposed by the airlines, I am wondering if the airlines get charged the full 2% or they have a better corporate rates with CC companies?
                          For the volume that a corporation such as SQ, they would be well below 1%.

Comment

It's probably a good idea. Not many people will "not book" because of the fee. It'll definitely be revenue-positive. And to be fair, most airlines charge a credit card fee these days for tickets issued through a travel agent. SQ was one of the last do absorb this fee. Not sure about the way it shows as a tax though - didn't think most airlines reported the cost this way.

Comment

From the SQ website

Please note that from 1 April 2009, all bookings originating from Australia will have a credit card processing fee of AUD 25 per ticket. The fee will be part of the fare component 'Carrier Surcharges'

Comment

Originally posted by kpc View Post
                                wonder why only ex-Oz

Comment

Working...
                                X