Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Type of Seats in the Refurbished 773s (77A / 73A)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
    I think SQ should have done a more comprehensive refurbishment to the 73A by bringing it up to 77W standards inside. Seats and IFE. Effectively a 77W lite.

Still cheaper than buying more 77W's.

It would have freed up 77W's they're using in Australia, Asia and India for longer routes.
    No doubt that option was considered. We discussed it here long before SQ announced that the 777-300s would be refitted.

Comment

• ^^

I think Australia warrants a 77W being a high-yield SQ destination. Anything high yield (rule of thumb: those in T3) will warrant an A380, B744, 77E and 77W.
      Last edited by hybridace101; 25 October 2010, 09:41 PM.

Comment

• ^^
        SYD and MEL are high-yield destinations. PER, BNE, etc. are not. I expect both SYD and MEL will see 2x to 3x daily WhaleJet service by the end of 2011.

Comment

• Took 9V-SYF the other day from DEL-SIN in F.. Took some pictures for those who were asking.. Basically its the F seat from 77w, however there was a huge gap in the front and back of the cabin. I guess they couldn't fit another row in, and didn't make sense to put a row of J either.. Also, they left the overhead storage in, and the IFE even though its the big screen, the controller is an older version and the operating system wasn't the same as the 77w.. seems to be dumbed down a bit.. you can see in the pics..

sorry, only had my blackberry with me, so the photos are not very good:

Comment

• I'm surprised that the fuel savings from the weight reduction that could have been achieved by removing the overhead bins was estimated to not justify the cost of removing them and replacing them with simple panels. That suggests that SQ do not expect to keep them for a long time (I cannot quantify "long time" here).

Comment

• I'm not sure overhead bins could be removed without significant rework of the cabin... as you guys probably realised, they do not want to alter too much of the cabin infrastructure when they do these refurbishments.

Comment

• Got a question to ask. Sorry to off topic

I have 4 people travelling with me (including me)

Looking for 2 seaters type. Which seats are good?

From 777-300 version 1 map : 60-61 AC or HK?

From 777-300 Version 2 map : 43-44 AC or HK? or 56-57 AC or HK?

And i am somehow confused here. Are those aircraft fitted with power point too have the new economy class?
                Thank You For Flying With Singapore Airlines , A Member Of Star Alliance.

Comment

• The only retrofitted B777-300 is flying to Riyadh via Dubai as SQ454 from 27 March 2011.
                  Last edited by vsepr; 15 December 2010, 12:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by vsepr View Post
                    The only retrofitted B777-300 is currently flying to Riyadh via Dubai as SQ454.
                    No. SQ408/407 as dispatched.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick C View Post
                      No. SQ408/407 as dispatched.
                      Nick C is correct.

SQ454 is operating the old regional 772.

Comment

• But if you go to singaporeair.com and click...travel dates from 27 March 2010 onwards to Riyadh, SQ454, it shows B777-300....i called up SQ reservations and was told there are 8 seats in First Class and 50 seats in Business Class...

Comment

But if you go to singaporeair.com and click...travel dates from 27 March 2010 onwards to Riyadh, SQ454, it shows B777-300....i called up SQ reservations and was told there are 8 seats in First Class and 50 seats in Business Class...
                          Now Now... Aren't you shooting yourself in the foot with these 2 contradictions?

Comment

• I meant SQ454 uses the retrofitted B777-300 wef 27 March 2010 onwards...currently is still the old 3 class B777-200...I called up reservations to check the number of seats to confirm.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick C View Post
                              Now Now... Aren't you shooting yourself in the foot with these 2 contradictions?
                              Oh My God, vsepr still doesn't get it...

Comment

I meant SQ454 uses the retrofitted B777-300 wef 27 March 2010 onwards...currently is still the old 3 class B777-200...I called up reservations to check the number of seats to confirm.
                                On SQ Website, when aircraft shows 777-300, it may mean the old regional 773, or the retrofit 773. So for SQ 454 from 27 Mar onwards, it will be using the retrofit 773.

Comment

Working...
                                X