Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Type of Seats in the Refurbished 773s (77A / 73A)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
    At the moment SQ is getting probably 20-35% less revenue on their most lucrative sectors, per business class seat - New or Spacebed.
    Are you talking about per available seat or per paid seat?

Comment

I saw 9V-SYD in a parking stand with no interior on June 17, perhaps it will be the first to be refurbished.

Comment

Ah, standing room concept for SYD then

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
          Ah, standing room concept for SYD then
          I presume that it will be a new booking class? "A class beyond First, Business or Economy (and some say cargo)".

Comment

Originally posted by Singapore Airlines lover View Post
            I saw 9V-SYD in a parking stand with no interior on June 17, perhaps it will be the first to be refurbished.
            How could you tell that there was no interior?

Comment

i think the refurbishment will be finish before OCT, my flight with 773 SIN-SYD for mid OCT now only have 2 F seat available, with 4 seats already confirmed.

Comment

Originally posted by mhadian View Post
                i think the refurbishment will be finish before OCT, my flight with 773 SIN-SYD for mid OCT now only have 2 F seat available, with 4 seats already confirmed.
                What are you trying to say? You purchased 4 F on a flight which only shows F2 now?

Current 773 has 18 F seats, refitted 77A should have 8 F seats.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryK View Post
                  What are you trying to say? You purchased 4 F on a flight which only shows F2 now?

Current 773 has 18 F seats, refitted 77A should have 8 F seats.
                  I suspect he may mean that four specific seats are unavailable because four passengers already have seat assignments, while two are still available for purchase, implying that either 2 or 12 First Class passengers have tickets without seat assignments.

Comment

Originally posted by zvezda View Post
                    I suspect he may mean that four specific seats are unavailable because four passengers already have seat assignments, while two are still available for purchase, implying that either 2 or 12 First Class passengers have tickets without seat assignments.
                    sorry for not being clear, yes, what i meant is either 2 or 12 F pax still haven't have seat assignment, but judging by current trend where SQ struggling to fill the premium cabin, i suspect the former.

Comment

Originally posted by kelvgoh View Post
                      I presume that it will be a new booking class? "A class beyond First, Business or Economy (and some say cargo)".
                      Precisely. Afterwards, they'll launch Singapore Airlines Sdn. Bhd.

Comment

Hi all,
                        Ive been a long time reader but first time poster.

Accidently overheard some crew on a flight a few days ago chatting about the 773A. It will be making its debut on July 22. 7 aircraft will be undergoing the refit.

Comment

Which routes, did you happen to hear that too?

Comment

Flyin' Golfer, welcome to SQTalk!

I know that last year one plan under consideration was refitting 9V-SYF through 9V-SYL (all AVOD) and retiring 9V-SYA through 9V-SYE (all non-AVOD). Combined with the WhaleJet deliveries, seven refitted 777-300s taking over some of the shorter 777-300ER routes would free up enough 777-300ERs to retire the remaining JumboJets.

Hopefully we'll have an announcement by 22 July.

Comment

Configuration would be 8F, 50J, 222Y, and only SYF-SYL would be retrofitted.
                              My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
                                Configuration would be 8F, 50J, 222Y, and only SYF-SYL would be retrofitted.
                                If that's the case...

8 more J seats than the 77W.
                                6 less Y seats than the 77W.
                                Overall 2 more seats available.

Seems to me that the J seats are not the regional J ones and more like the long haul Js. Time to expedite your saver redemptions!

Comment

Working...
                                X