Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Type of Seats in the Refurbished 773s (77A / 73A)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
    I would think it has to do with capacity - the new J is eating up to much space per seat. More seats, more revenue...
    Actually, not in this economic climate. SQ cannot fill the seats. Better seats would result in higher yields.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick C View Post
      Seems like SQ has a seat map for the "73A" but are not releasing it yet.

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...3/B777-300.gif

The made some changes to the current 773 seat map titles. "Layout 2" is a new addition.
      But its not the seatmap for the refurbished 777 aircraft

Comment

Originally posted by -F- View Post
        But its not the seatmap for the refurbished 777 aircraft
        By implication, Layout 1 (when it appears) will be for the 73A.
        F all the way. Settle for J. Usually whY. Sigh.

Comment

I would think it has to do with capacity - the new J is eating up to much space per seat. More seats, more revenue...
          Originally posted by zvezda View Post
          Actually, not in this economic climate. SQ cannot fill the seats. Better seats would result in higher yields.
          I think SMK777 might mean that the regional J being a smaller seat would allow for more Y seats, which are easier to fill.

and.....

is zvezda saying that the regional J is a better seat than the new J

Comment

Originally posted by SQJunkie View Post
            is zvezda saying that the regional J is a better seat than the new J?
            Not at all.

I'm saying that now would be a good time to reconfigure the 777-200ERs -- both fully rated and de-rated.

Replacing a larger number of SpaceBeds (which SQ can't fill now anyway) with a smaller number of new long-haul J seats would be a good move because it would raise yields. Similarly, replacing a larger number of Ultimo seats (which SQ can't fill now anyway) with a smaller number of new regional J seats would raise yields.

Also, now is a good time to pull aircraft from operation for refitting because SQ have a capacity surplus.

Comment

Ah, clear now. Thanks for clearing that up.
              Of course, the preference is for the regional J over the Spacebed and Ultimo.
              D'uh!

Comment

Not at all.

I'm saying that now would be a good time to reconfigure the 777-200ERs -- both fully rated and de-rated.

Replacing a larger number of SpaceBeds (which SQ can't fill now anyway) with a smaller number of new long-haul J seats would be a good move because it would raise yields. Similarly, replacing a larger number of Ultimo seats (which SQ can't fill now anyway) with a smaller number of new regional J seats would raise yields.

Also, now is a good time to pull aircraft from operation for refitting because SQ have a capacity surplus.
                The number of seats would not change. New Regional J and SpaceBed are eating up about the same amount of space. SQ will not put the new (international) J on any refurbished aircraft as they cannot make enough yield surplus to cover the lost number of seats at the moment.

Comment

The number of seats would not change. New Regional J and SpaceBed are eating up about the same amount of space. SQ will not put the new (international) J on any refurbished aircraft as they cannot make enough yield surplus to cover the lost number of seats at the moment.
                  But the new F and regional F take up different space... so the number of seats would change.

Comment

Originally posted by -F- View Post
                    But the new F and regional F take up different space... so the number of seats would change.
                    That's true - we will see what routes will keep F. I am assuming that most regional flights will only offer J and Y going forward. Only international destinations with new J will see F as well...

Comment

The number of seats would not change. New Regional J and SpaceBed are eating up about the same amount of space.
                      The new regional J is not likely to be replacing SpaceBeds because the new long-haul J is set to replace the SpaceBeds and the new regional J is set to replace the old regional J.
                      SQ will not put the new (international) J on any refurbished aircraft as they cannot make enough yield surplus to cover the lost number of seats at the moment.
                      SQ have already fitted the new long-haul J on the refurbished A340-500s and it appears to be the plan for the 9V-SV* subfleet also. On the other hand, if SQ were to install the new regional J on the 9V-SVO subfleet, how many seats would be lost per aircraft?

Comment

New Long Haul J in SVx subfleet?
                        That will be about 20-22 seats between Door 1 and 2 - I suppose if they want to maintain 30 seats, then that sacrifices 36 Economy, making it 28/30C 220Y or thereabouts.

Or they could do 20C 255Y in view of the low C demand

Comment

Originally posted by Russ View Post
                          New Long Haul J in SVx subfleet?
                          That will be about 20-22 seats between Door 1 and 2 - I suppose if they want to maintain 30 seats, then that sacrifices 36 Economy, making it 28/30C 220Y or thereabouts.

Or they could do 20C 255Y in view of the low C demand
                          Actually, 6 rows of 4-abreast new Business Class fit between doors 1 and 2. I believe SQ could probably get more revenue from 24 of the new Business Class seats than from 30 SpaceBeds. There is also a substantial weight advantage.

Comment

The new regional J is not likely to be replacing SpaceBeds because the new long-haul J is set to replace the SpaceBeds and the new regional J is set to replace the old regional J.
                            That plan has died a silent death - to break-even SQ would have to charge 25% more than competition for a seat in J and that plan is as successful as the culling of PPS benefits...

If I was CEO of SQ I wished the new J would have never been introduced...

SQ will have to back a bit - I think we will see F on the A380 and we will see regional J on the refurbished 77x. Regional J is an improvement of the old Spacebed - the reviews I have read so far are good and I will test the seats pretty soon myself.

Comment

I believe SQ could probably get more revenue from 24 of the new Business Class seats than from 30 SpaceBeds.
                              At the moment SQ is getting probably 20-35% less revenue on their most lucrative sectors, per business class seat - New or Spacebed.

Comment

I still havent heard anything new about regional F yets..... SAD!

Comment

Working...
                                X