Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Type of Seats in the Refurbished 773s (77A / 73A)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems like SQ has a seat map for the "73A" but are not releasing it yet.

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...3/B777-300.gif

The made some changes to the current 773 seat map titles. "Layout 2" is a new addition.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick C View Post
      Seems like SQ has a seat map for the "73A" but are not releasing it yet.

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...3/B777-300.gif

The made some changes to the current 773 seat map titles. "Layout 2" is a new addition.
      I don't see why not. but no one can confirm that any of the SY birds are in the hanger for this purpose now

Comment

Still no sign of 9V-SYD in the ACARS reports. I would bet that she's now being refitted with the new configuration.

Comment

Which route would you (plural) expect to see the "73A" service first?

Maybe on SQ219/220?
          F all the way. Settle for J. Usually whY. Sigh.

Comment

Originally posted by SQJunkie View Post

Maybe on SQ219/220?
            SQ219/220 is slated to go 773 only in Oct. Between the period from now to Oct, I would expect that the SIN-BOM 77W (SQ424/423) to be one of the first routes to be replaced by the 73A and possibly the SIN-PEK 77W (SQ802/805) as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick C View Post
              SQ219/220 is slated to go 773 only in Oct. Between the period from now to Oct, I would expect that the SIN-BOM 77W (SQ424/423) to be one of the first routes to be replaced by the 73A and possibly the SIN-PEK 77W (SQ802/805) as well.
              Would the decision to put the 73A on those routes first have something to do with the running cost/range of the 77W being more than the 73A?

Pardon my ignorance, but would that 773 on SQ219/220 be the 73A? I guess I'm assuming in that question that all 777-300's in the fleet will be refitted?

And yet another question, does anyone (zvezda?) know how long it takes to refit the 777-300 to the new product? I'm thinking it would have to be more than 2 months as I've read on this forum (I could be mistaken again) that the refit work may have begun as far back as March 09, and none appear to be in service yet.

Apologies for the multitude of questions.

Comment

And yet another question, does anyone (zvezda?) know how long it takes to refit the 777-300 to the new product?
                A routine replacement of all the seats can be done in a week. Obviously, this is substantially more involved. If I recall correctly, each A340-500 was out of service for roughly about three weeks last year while they were being converted to all-business class.

Comment

Maybe on SQ219/220?
                  It will be Melbourne SQ237/238... there are no F awards available on the 773 to MEL after 1st June.... however there are F awards available for the 747. Now why are all the F awards gone? Could everyone be wanting to fly the 773 Ultimo seats before they are phased out? Or could they be the refurbished seats with no awards redemptions in F?

Comment

Originally posted by -F- View Post
                    It will be Melbourne SQ237/238... there are no F awards available on the 773 to MEL after 1st June.... however there are F awards available for the 747. Now why are all the F awards gone? Could everyone be wanting to fly the 773 Ultimo seats before they are phased out? Or could they be the refurbished seats with no awards redemptions in F?
                    Good find ! But, do you think that SQ would have announced something by now? 1 June is not very far away.

Could be a double bonus for MEL this year - if zvezda is correct again, MEL could get the A380 to replace the JumboJet. Especially as there are so many (more than 3 IIRC) coming into service the rest of this year.

I'm still hoping SYD gets 73A before Oct. I much prefer the new regional Bz seat over the Spacebed.

Comment

Originally posted by -F- View Post
                      On SIA Cargo flights SQ237/238 are shown as 773 up until July 28th.

Interestingly all other flights are shown with their aircraft listed until October 25th.

I know the above can be changed by SIA, just thought it was interesting those flights were only listed until July 28th.

SQ238.

Comment

Good find ! But, do you think that SQ would have announced something by now? 1 June is not very far away.
                        Oops, I meant 1st July

Comment

If you check the SIA Cargo website,

SQ 0219 states 77A from 4/10, but the return SQ 0220 is still a 744

SQ 0231/0232 from 25 June is listed as a 73A.

Comment

How long does it usually take to refurbish a plane such as the 777?

Comment

Originally posted by flypinay View Post
                              How long does it usually take to refurbish a plane such as the 777?
                              See Reply #52 in this thread.

Comment

Would the decision to put the 73A on those routes first have something to do with the running cost/range of the 77W being more than the 73A?
                                I would think it has to do with capacity - the new J is eating up to much space per seat. More seats, more revenue...

Comment

Working...
                                X