Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Type of Seats in the Refurbished 773s (77A / 73A)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi,

Sorry if i am asking a question that has been answered else where. I just cant find it. On the A333 there is a power outlet in the air rest. Is this on the 777-300ER please? Also does it take the standard Singapore/UK plug?

thanks

Comment

• I take it that just-delivered 9V-SKK does not have any Koito seats? And that the 73A re-furb is still on indefinite hold account the Koito seat problem?

Comment

• Sorry, I have been out of SQTalk for quite awhile. Let me get this right. The retrofitting of the B773 has come to a virtual standstill because of some safety issues with the manufacturer Koito? And that only one miserable B773 has been retrofitted so far and it plies the SIN-SYD route? And, that it's anyone's guess when the retrofitting will resume? Damn.

I am booked to fly SIN-IST-SIN in Dec and the seat map shows the retrofitted 2-2-2 configuration in J. What do you make of this?

Comment

• Originally posted by planemad View Post
          The retrofitting of the B773 has come to a virtual standstill because of some safety issues with the manufacturer Koito?
          Yep, you're right.

Originally posted by planemad View Post
          And that only one miserable B773 has been retrofitted so far and it plies the SIN-SYD route?
          The lone (miserable) B73A is now on the SIN-MEL route (SQ237/228).

And, that it's anyone's guess when the retrofitting will resume? Damn.
          It probably is - although it is due to resume quite soon I suppose (otherwise there is going to be a problem with a backlog of reservations on the new seating configurations already).

I am booked to fly SIN-IST-SIN in Dec and the seat map shows the retrofitted 2-2-2 configuration in J. What do you make of this?
          Fingers crossed...

Comment

• Fingers crossed...
            Thanks a340-313x for bringing me up to speed. Fingers (and toes) crossed indeed. I assume the retrofitting of the B72A has run into the same problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by planemad View Post
              I assume the retrofitting of the B72A has run into the same problem.
              Nope. Retrofitted B72A do not have Koito seats.

Comment

• By end of this month, where is the only refurbished 773 going to?

From 27th- 31st Oct, SQ237/228 will be 77W.

From 1st Nov onwards till 31st Jan 2011, 237/228 will be 744.

Comment

• Originally posted by feb01mel View Post
                  By end of this month, where is the only refurbished 773 going to?

Seems like a C-Check window to me

Comment

By end of this month, where is the only refurbished 773 going to?

It is probably going to DEL as B77W for 408/407 will be discontinued after the 30th October, with B773 scheduled from 31st October
                    The Romance of Travel... Singapore Airlines

Comment

• Originally posted by bubblerevolution View Post
                      It is probably going to DEL as B77W for 408/407 will be discontinued after the 30th October, with B773 scheduled from 31st October
                      I'm of that opinion as well but we have no confirmation as yet

Comment

• Originally posted by bubblerevolution View Post
                        bubblerevolution is right, SQ408/407 will be no more 77W & convert to retrofit B773.

Comment

• I just got back from Greece with Singapore Airlines. Going from Melb to Sing on the 17th August 2010 we went with the refurbished 73A. the seats only had new seat covers and they were hard. The thing i didnt like about the 73A was it uses the old Screens not the new ones like the 777 300 ER on which we were on comming from Singapore to Melbourne last Tuesday.

Comment

bubblerevolution is right, SQ408/407 will be no more 77W & convert to retrofit B773.
                            wef 31OCT MX done during the transition

Comment

• Originally posted by GreekLunatic View Post
                              ..Going from Melb to Sing on the 17th August 2010 we went with the refurbished 73A. the seats only had new seat covers and they were hard. The thing i didnt like about the 73A was it uses the old Screens not the new ones like the 777 300 ER on which we were on comming from Singapore to Melbourne last Tuesday.
                              I think SQ should have done a more comprehensive refurbishment to the 73A by bringing it up to 77W standards inside. Seats and IFE. Effectively a 77W lite.

Still cheaper than buying more 77W's.

It would have freed up 77W's they're using in Australia, Asia and India for longer routes.

Comment

• Will the airlines claim Koito for their fraud?

SQ is already the lucky one, with the suite in A380 already OK so the SKK is already in service.

EVA Air have 3 77W in Boeing factory for near a year and TG has some A330 stuck at somewhere in Europe

Comment

Working...
                                X